• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Reaction score
So I received my 2 Livorno suits, one in grey stripe and the other in heringbone navy. Both are in good shape (some of these posts had be worried) and feel great, especially for $200 a pop. My only issue is that it is pretty tight in the thigh area while being a bit roomy in the rest of the leg. Going to take it to the tailor and see what can be done. How is everyone else making out with theirs?

badsha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Outlet store closed for now in the US? Anyone know how long the link is active for usually? Website says outlet store not available. I checked the new SuSu Retail Store in SF, pretty nice store. Entrance is hidden on Maiden Ln. Decent staff, was able to try on a sport coats and shirts in person.

Academic2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Outlet store closed for now in the US? Anyone know how long the link is active for usually? Website says outlet store not available. [...]

I think it closes when the stock is gone.

If things follow last year's pattern there'll be another outlet sale in early January, or thereabouts.

Cheers,

Ac

OmniscientCause

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is this beyond repair ? I really like the jacket and don't want to return it

bsarosi

Reaction score
Sizing didn't work out on all my items. If anyone is a 46/56 in Lazio suit, Hudson SC (have 2), or Washington SC, feel free to PM me. Suit is a gray Birdseye. Hudson SCs are brown/blue melange and navy melange. Washington is a blue, SB peak lapel SC. Will sell at cost.

Will post to B&S this evening.

OmniscientCause

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Without A Trace, in Chicago, can probably fix the fabric, but the fading is another story.

Is that how it came, new?

Yea the hanger pushed through in transit. I need to go to the one in DC to have my suit pants taken in and shortened. Might have the waist taken in on the Liverno jacket too.

Customer service is dragging their feet with the Hudson pictured so I might just try and see what can be done.

jamie411

Reaction score

Unacceptable for something new, whether it was discounted or not. I would return it.

Agreed. Unacceptable - this is badly damaged.

I have to take a few items to the tailor and depending on the outcome will likely be selling some things. I got a nice Sienna suit but the thighs are slimmer than other ones I've tried. Anyone ever have thighs let out (versus slimmed) and if so any idea how much room you can gain?

I also have some 38R spot coats that fit well in the shoulders, are ok in chest, but are a tad slim through the waist.

I also need to try on a pair of shoes again. They felt a bit snug the first time...

OmniscientCause

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Unacceptable for something new, whether it was discounted or not. I would return it.

Yea I agree but I really need a new linen jacket. My office changed its policy from suit everyday to dress for your day whatever that means...just means when it's above 90 like it is pretty much every day in the summer, I don't have to worry about a full suit and can get away with linen.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads