• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Suntory

Reaction score
Unfortunate about their functional buttonholes restricting the sleeve length reduction alteration.

sliq

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Willj

Reaction score
Good day gents,

I've been reading that shortening the sleeves on ss jackets is complicated as the buttonholes are functional. My question is, would lengthening the sleeves also be complicated? I ordered a dark brown Havana jacket and based on the fit of another Havana jacket that I tried on in store, I need to add about 0.5 inch to the sleeves. Thanks!

fieldofdreams

Reaction score
Good day gents,

I've been reading that shortening the sleeves on ss jackets is complicated as the buttonholes are functional. My question is, would lengthening the sleeves also be complicated? I ordered a dark brown Havana jacket and based on the fit of another Havana jacket that I tried on in store, I need to add about 0.5 inch to the sleeves. Thanks!

1/2" isn't a problem. There will just be a little more distance from the last button to the end of the sleeve than what would be ideal.

fieldofdreams

Reaction score
Berg and Berg ties are currently on sale. I just purchased six shipped for about $230 USD. Six ties gets you to $250 threshold for free shipping. 10% discount gets you below $250, but they still give you free shipping.

MrTopCat

Reaction score
Berg and Berg ties are currently on sale. I just purchased six shipped for about $230 USD. Six ties gets you to $250 threshold for free shipping. 10% discount gets you below $250, but they still give you free shipping.

Thanks for the heads-up, way better value than the Suitsupply ties at that price point, even if I pay 8 euros for shipping.

LoKey

Reaction score
@fieldofdreams : Thanks for the news on the Berg and Berg ties! How do you access the 10% discount?

CousinDonuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Good day gents,

It's doable, but will definitely make the distance from end of sleeve to first button longer than normal. So the answer depends on if you're comfortable with that.

Gosroth

Reaction score
Congrats America. Loads of nice stuff here.

Keeping fingers crossed for EU outlet opening as well.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dr. Dylan Sebastian