• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SS 376

Reaction score

Need a new suit as I'll be moving to a new job in 2015, public sector investigative stuff.

Anyone have any ideas how blue this Napoli is in real life. Is it really that shiny?
http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/suit...?start=16&cgid=Suits&prefn1=color&prefv1=Blue

If someone has photos, that's be awesome!

Cheers!

I have it. It's an exquisite color -- a medium blue that isn't too bright at all. There isn't any sheen in real life--not sure why it looks like that in the photos. It's definitely work appropriate. I'll try to post pics when I can.

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Too bad SuitSupply doesn't have their MTM program in here. This Napoli was amazing! I loved it. Then I tried the trouser… it was massive. They would have to take in to make it a 32 and then a lot of problems come into play. :(

But really liked how it looks.

I did bought the shirt. :D

Last edited:

ShawnBC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ I thought it was common belief that Napoli trousers were rather slim, not massive. Unless of course you need to size up in the jacket to accomodate bigger shoulders or a broader chest.

yanagi

Reaction score
^ I thought it was common belief that Napoli trousers were rather slim, not massive. Unless of course you need to size up in the jacket to accomodate bigger shoulders or a broader chest.

They are slim IMO, but Betelguese says he has a 12 inch drop
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

ShawnBC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

12 inches?! Can't tell if you're exaggerating or being serious lol

It's not that uncommon. People who workout regularly often have 12+ drops (I once had a 48 chest/36 waist but since then stopped working out regularly).

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This thread went 0 to sexual real quick.

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

They are slim IMO, but Betelguese says he has a 12 inch drop
icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif

12 inches?! Can't tell if you're exaggerating or being serious lol

my drop is 10-12 as well. MTM is the only option. I went to their DC store and tried on every cut.

It's not that uncommon. People who workout regularly often have 12+ drops (I once had a 48 chest/36 waist but since then stopped working out regularly).

I do have that 12" drop. Thighs were comfortable in the leg size of the 44 but the waist is way way big. But seriously, most of the jackets fit me really nice, I like them a lot. It's urgent that SuitSupply brings his MTM program to Mexico.

Aieyric

Reaction score

chaney1

Reaction score
I got fitted yesterday for a suit using the mtm program in DC. Awesome customer serivce. The suit should be done by end of January (pretty quick turnaround). I can post pics once completed.

Christopher Essex

Reaction score

I got fitted yesterday for a suit using the mtm program in DC.  Awesome customer serivce.  The suit should be done by end of January (pretty quick turnaround).  I can post pics once completed.

And what's the upcharge over the regular price?

...never mind, I looked on the site.

Last edited:

Froosh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know the width of the lapels for the Lazio and Napoli? Also, are the Napoli armholes high and the sleeves slim? From what I've read, the Napoli seems like a conservative cut but the modeled pictures all look pretty modern and slim with a nicely tapered trouser.

Last edited:

yanagi

Reaction score
Does anyone know the width of the lapels for the Lazio and Napoli? Also, are the Napoli armholes high and the sleeves slim? From what I've read, the Napoli seems like a conservative cut but the modeled pictures all look pretty modern and slim with a nicely tapered trouser.

The lapel width on my 38R Napoli is 3.5." I don't know what your points of comparison are, but the armholes are higher than on my two $200 Combat Gent suits.

Froosh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Is 3.5" considered a good width between modern and conservative? I was thinking more around 3".

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads