• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh yes I forgot to state that I'm a 52 in most SuSu cuts. (42 USA)

MrTopCat

Reaction score
@Coxsackie Nice DB suits!

Most of the models wearing the Madison on the Suitsupply website also have almost all of their breast pocket covered by the lapel too (albeit, slightly less than mine), so I think it's a style that Suitsupply intended rather than not sizing down the lapel. Also my other fits (Washington, Hudson, Soho) have proportionate lapels to size 32.

MrTopCat

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the Mercer fit has double side vents? thanks

It does:

1. Notch Lapel
  2. Unstructured Shoulders
  3. Fitted, Unlined Jacket
  4. Butterfly-shaped Shield Fabric
  5. Patch Pockets
  6. 3-Button Jacket
  7. Functional Buttonholes & Kissing Buttons
  8. Double Side Vents
  9. Shorter Jacket Length
  10. Flat Front Trousers

Also, what is a "Butterfly-shaped Shield Fabric"?

verynewmoney

Reaction score
The shoulders look a little off, but it's impossible to tell in these pictures. Try taking a proper picture, at chest height and from a normal distance. Other than that, the buttoning point is awfully high, but you knew that already, and I'd swap the buttons for a darker brown. You could give suitsupply MTM a try for the price of 1,5 suits. That way you can get a suit that fits perfectly, and in a more normal configuration. It might not be feasible for you, but it would be much better. Look at Timo's SuSU MTM suit:

Which style is this suit?

SS 376

Reaction score
Which style is this suit?

It's made to measure, so it's not something you can buy on the website, unfortunately. Depending on what you're looking for in terms of fit and design, you could probably find something similar. I can't quite see the lapel design on my laptop, but there is a blue Washington on the website that might come close to this look.

jtorres94

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Must be the lapel gorge and the breast patch pocket. I agree it looks incredible, maybe one day I'll save up one get one MtM like that one instead of 2 suits.

Love the patch pocket on the breast and the pants without belt loops. This guy has great taste.

VincentVogan

Reaction score

Very nice indeed. I'm very fond of high rise trousers without belt loops. (Belts peeking out from under the jacket are one of my pet peeves!) Looks very, very dashing. However, is it just me, or is the crotch and fly area riddled with wrinkles?

Who is this user, Timo? I'd like to see more of his suits, if possible. (Never mind, I found it: http://www.styleforum.net/u/65931/timotune)

Thanks

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads