• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Say more..... who's "Nick M"? :nodding:

Back in time, when this Forum was just starting, Nick M, who was from Australia, submitted posts frequently. Always, he offered good opinions and had interesting comments.

Last edited:

Spex

Reaction score
My first suit from SS arrived last week, but I'm still undecided whether I want to keep it or not. It's a plain blue in the Napoli cut (size 46), pretty much exactly what I'm after, a cheap blue beater suit. The problem is that even if I managed to avoid the bigger fit problems, I just don't think it looks that flattering on me. How much work do you think need to be done? Sleeves and pants are obvious, but anything else?

Or should I just try a more flattering cut?

Rather crappy pics below.

The two biggest problems I see are:

1. The pants seems to be bunching up quite a bit at the bottom and the crotch and waist look too low. Pulling the pants up and securing with a belt might improve things substantially. However, you'll have to determine if the waist fits well.

2. Some strange wrinkling on the left arm. You don't happen to be wearing one of those monstrously large modern watches, are you?

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think I will give SuSu another whirl since a few round of Yoox roulette yielded zero results in purchasing a simple blue odd jacket (I rarely wear suits @ work).

I ordered a Havana before in 38L thinking that it would fit small after reading this thread, and that the specific cut was more fitted.

The jacket ended up 1 size too big it seems and long (30"+ BOC) and I am 5'9".

Should I just order a 36 and 38 R this time and see which fit me best?

I will stick with the Havana as what I can tell it seems to be a good starting odd jacket to wear with trousers.

The first order was this jacket: http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/jack...start=9&cgid=Jackets&prefn1=color&prefv1=Blue It has a lot more character in person, almost like birdseye fabric / weave and a more robust fabric.

In lieu of the Havana, what else is generally well received?

And by chance are all the sleeves now non-working cuffs? I think working button sleeves was one of my biggest hesitation in purchasing SuSu as I would need to have sleeves altered.

Last edited:

Osse

Reaction score
That is actually a very important factor with the susu jackets, find the right sleeve length and go for that size, as they are still working cuffs. I'm a 38L which is fine for me, close to perfect fit without any alterations.

PapaRubbery

Reaction score
Has anyone ever come across an article that discusses Suit Supply's revenue or number of suits sold? I am curious as I have no idea how big they are.

They must move a serious volume of units, given their rapid expansion. Never read any actual figures. They would be interesting though.

Bureaucrat

Reaction score
The two biggest problems I see are:

1. The pants seems to be bunching up quite a bit at the bottom and the crotch and waist look too low. Pulling the pants up and securing with a belt might improve things substantially. However, you'll have to determine if the waist fits well.

2. Some strange wrinkling on the left arm. You don't happen to be wearing one of those monstrously large modern watches, are you?

1. Yeah, I have very stubby legs, so finding anything that fits OTR is a nightmare. The waist is a bit loose but overall a good fit. I'm worried that the pants for the 44R would be too tight.

2. Nah, hate those things. Not sure I'm wearing a watch at all in the pic.

Turpentine

Reaction score
Havana Plain Blue in 42L (102). I already have a Havana in 102 (posted on page 474) but the fit between the two feels different, there really is variation between pieces with SS.

I like the fabric, color and the look in general, except for the sleeves which I believe are two short. Before I decide to go for extending the sleeves, I wanted to get your opinion on the general fit. Also, if I were to extend the sleeves, by how much according to you? Is it a complex/costly procedure?

Thanks a lot, as usual

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics