• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TheSmall

Reaction score
You mean too big in the chest? Or that the armholes are bigger? The chest is better in the bigger size. It seems like your lapels are bowing a bit in the smaller size, and it looks like it's a bit too small in the waist as well, causing the button to pull.

How does the smaller suit feel? It shouldn't be skin tight or feel restrictive. Ultimately, it's up to you, as it's always hard to tell the exact fit from a couple of pictures. It's better to have a suit that's slightly too big than to have one that's slightly too small though.
Thank you, I really appreciate your input!

The feel is alright. I mean it is a tad tight, nothing big but still noticeable. And I do believe that the shoulder fit was quite spot on in the previous suit. Just the chest was a bit loose which is, as you said, quite easily fixable by a decent tailor. I kind of was surprised by the 48 being big actually since I previously considered myself to be a 48/50 guy, not a 46/48 guy (I'm 183 cm 75 kgs for reference).

Now I recently had a job done (this Monday actually) on a blazer which I had bought on eBay and now know that this is a job that can easily be done. Did not have the experience of altering suits/suit jackets before
smile.gif
. And I do agree with you that it is better to have a slightly too big suit jacket than opposite, since it's more likely that I'll gain weight than lose with my current build
wink.gif

Regarding the armholes, I want to believe that the armholes on this one are smaller but quite honestly, I don't remember it at this point since it took some extra time for SS to dispatch this suit and so on.

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
According to the SS size advisor, I'm a 38R. I find this odd as I have always worn a 40R, or even 41R. Is it possible SS vanity sizes a bit?

Flyswatter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

According to the SS size advisor, I'm a 38R. I find this odd as I have always worn a 40R, or even 41R. Is it possible SS vanity sizes a bit?

Did you miss the disclaimer?

"Our size advisor may recommend a smaller size than you are used to, because we prefer a more tailored look. However, if it's too fitted for your liking, we're happy to exchange for another size. Shipping on returns is free."

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Did you miss the disclaimer?

"Our size advisor may recommend a smaller size than you are used to, because we prefer a more tailored look. However, if it's too fitted for your liking, we're happy to exchange for another size. Shipping on returns is free."

I certainly did, but in my experience, I have never, ever fit into a 38. Hence some surprise. Not a big deal though.

00Schneider

Reaction score
it is known that the size advisor can be completely ignored. just order two or three sizes and find out yourself.

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I received my first Suit Supply shirt today. I went with the extra slim fit in a 16.5L. What a great shirt. Truly pleased with the fit, and the presentation/packaging was a pleasant surprise. It is a true slim fit shirt, and makes BB extra slim fit feel like a garbage bag on me.

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Thanks guy! First one it will be, I guess! I'll post pictures when I receive it!

Can you please facilitate me the link of the first one please? I'm looking for something like that, very lightweight for summer. Thanks!

I'm heading to Roermond next week (Thursday). Anyone want me to keep an eye out for some specific cuts/sizes at the SS outlet?

Havana 46R and Soho 44R. Thanks!

ShawnBC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

fadeawayyx

Reaction score
Would you chaps recommend a suitsupply suit from London? Will it be the same quality as the NYC ones?
Good use of several hundred dollars? My other option currently is a hugo boss one, but I've been told they're poor quality so I'm looking around!

Ebichuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Would you chaps recommend a suitsupply suit from London? Will it be the same quality as the NYC ones?
Good use of several hundred dollars? My other option currently is a hugo boss one, but I've been told they're poor quality so I'm looking around!

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Yes
4. Good decision

fadeawayyx

Reaction score
Thank you for the response.

One of the things which put me off the hugo boss suit was that I couldn't buy additional matching trousers for the suit which I liked & was in the sale. In my experience trousers always go way before jackets.. but my experience is limited to cheap/poor qualitysuits.

I notice suitsupply don't sell the trousers seperately either. Will this be a problem, or will the trousers simply last as long as the jacket?

Rincon

Reaction score
Thank you for the response.

One of the things which put me off the hugo boss suit was that I couldn't buy additional matching trousers for the suit which I liked & was in the sale. In my experience trousers always go way before jackets.. but my experience is limited to cheap/poor qualitysuits.

I notice suitsupply don't sell the trousers seperately either. Will this be a problem, or will the trousers simply last as long as the jacket?

Even the concept of the two being sold separately is antithetical to quality menswear

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads