• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ShawnBC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input!

What do you suggest? Where I'm located, there's nothing I can buy locally that's worth it. I've considered Kent Wang but they stop at 46R and I'm a 48R. I do have to buy online and would like a company that has a pretty fail-proof guarantee like Suit Supply has because buying online without trying on first always poses a risk regarding fit!

Thanks!

EDIT* I don't have much opportunity to wear a sport coat (at least compared to some of you guys), if that is relevant. In my field of work, I'm mostly required to wear medical scrubs, and on my off days, I'm mostly in jeans and polo or slack and button-downs.

Last edited:

00Schneider

Reaction score
I actually ordered all three SuitSupply Havana jackets you posted.
The first one is the one I kept. It is unconstructed as far as I can tell, so it's great for summer. It is more like an open weave.
The second one is indeed heavier, although it is part linen. But I don't think it's as universal as the first one, the texture isn't even as nice.
The third one is not at all navy. Strangely I didn't like the fabric (or the color), although it's the same fabric as in the first one (which I love).
The last one has peak lapels which I don't think suitable for a sport coat.

I recommend the first one, it's a great color and fabric and an overall universal jacket.
You can always get a heavier navy jacket when fall/winter comes.

Ebichuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Go with the Havana (first picture) if you think it'll fit well.

It will be just good enough to dress it up with a tie if needed and you can certainly wear it casually with chinos. No need to look for a "perfect" jacket or try MTM if you don't have experience with it. Easy does it in some cases :)

Jay_Gatsby

Reaction score
My workhorse navy summer blazer is from Uniqlo. It is unconstructed, has an open weave and fits great. Paid less than $100 for it.

Last edited:

Monkeyface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input!

What do you suggest? Where I'm located, there's nothing I can buy locally that's worth it. I've considered Kent Wang but they stop at 46R and I'm a 48R. I do have to buy online and would like a company that has a pretty fail-proof guarantee like Suit Supply has because buying online without trying on first always poses a risk regarding fit!

Thanks!

EDIT* I don't have much opportunity to wear a sport coat (at least compared to some of you guys), if that is relevant. In my field of work, I'm mostly required to wear medical scrubs, and on my off days, I'm mostly in jeans and polo or slack and button-downs.

That changes things. Go for a true navy wool sportcoat, preferably with patch pockets. I'd say the first one looks about right.

ShawnBC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks guy! First one it will be, I guess! I'll post pictures when I receive it!

jayw

Reaction score
I'm heading to Roermond next week (Thursday). Anyone want me to keep an eye out for some specific cuts/sizes at the SS outlet?

Last edited:

Wrenkin

Reaction score
I bought a navy Napoli suit in Toronto recently for C$390. Suspiciously cheap, but hard to turn down. The removable hang tag said 36s, but when I was looking in the pocket today I saw the size listed as 23 [i.e. EU46 Short] / UK 38S. That seems a bit odd, doesn't it? The shoulders are a bit extended and I suppose the chest is a bit swelled, but nothing else about the jacket says 38s. I'm a solid 36s in BB Fitzgerald (although their sleeves run too long for me) and the only things I had done to the Napoli were collar role & trouser hemming. I may want to take up the sleeves ~1cm later, but they're passable.

Incidentally, while at the store I tried on some of the other fits. Lazio was great, Soho ok, but I found the Havana suits in my size much too large. I'd really have to use MTM. Reading some commentary I'd expected the reverse.

Jay_Gatsby

Reaction score
@jayw Washington jackets 42L.

Merci.

Last edited:

Monkeyface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm heading to Roermond next week (Thursday). Anyone want me to keep an eye out for some specific cuts/sizes at the SS outlet?

Any Soho/Madison/Lazio in 42R. If you can get a good deal on a la spalla/jort you might be able to flip it for a nice price.

Last edited:

jayw

Reaction score
Soho sportcoats 42R

Anything in a 24/38S please. Except Napoli.

@jayw Washington jackets 42L.

Merci.

Sportscoats size 40 cheers.

Any Soho/Madison/Lazio in 42R. If you can get a good deal on a la spalla/jort you might be able to flip it for a nice price.

Got you all. I'm just having a layover in Dusseldorf and travelling with just carry-on so I won't be able to proxy for anyone, but I'll let you know what they have. I contacted SS and they told me the outlet gets new stock on Tuesdays and Thursdays, so I'm hoping for a nice selection.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads