• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mmmtttt

Reaction score
I hate all of you people. I want to buy 17 suits but I cant since Im canadian, and with all those constant ''i just bought 6 more suits'' youve now made me want to try a forwarding service. Anyone knows of a not too expensive/reliable forwarding service where you can ship your things and then get it shipped to Canada, extra consideration for the fact that the shipping with the forwarding service might get expensive due to those massive coffin boxes. Many thanks as I want 200$ suits.

SloopyNoob

Reaction score
My doorman literally demanded a vacation today after he received all my SS boxes LOL. Now I have a dilemma, I had only intended to keep half of what I ordered but now that I received them, I love them all
satisfied.gif
. they all look great. I guess I'll bring all to my tailor and let him make the call.

Mr Engineer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
bought it last year. had the same concern. assoicate in NYC told me over the phone that it's closest to a dark chocolate brown. he was right. the website photo is misleading.
Dark Brown Washington came in today and the Brown is VERY DARK!

Here is the jacket next to a black jacket to really see the color

n2pua

Reaction score
i appreciate you posting that photo for all to see (my jacket was put away in storage for the winter).

to be fair, i think if SS would have color-corrected the original photo, it would have sold so much better. not to mention, i secretly wanted a grey one just like the one we think we all see.

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How is the fit on the London compared to the Napoli? Anyone? I wear a 38R in Washington and I had to size down for the Napoli and Soho fits.
The measurements for the different cuts are on the SuitSupply website in the size advisor pop-up window. Based on my trying on their fits, their measurements seem to be correct. A difference between the London and the Washington/Napoli is that the London body is roomier for the same shoulder size. The London is also longer and the buttoning point lower (in a good way, IMO).

For example, the 38R Washington measures 18.1" at the shoulders, 41.7" at the chest, and 35.4" at the waist. You had to size down in the Napoli (as did I) because the 36R Napoli measures very close to the 38R Washington: 18.2" at the shoulders, 41.1" at the chest, and 35.8" at the waist. If the 38R Washington and 36R Napoli jackets fit you well then the 38R London measures 17.9" at the shoulders but 43" at the chest and 37.8" at the waist. You may need to have the chest and waist taken in on the London.

Last edited:

soundnin

Reaction score
According to the size advisor product dimensions, for a similar shoulder measurement for the Napoli VS the Havana and Washington, there is an 11 inch difference in sleeve length. This can't be right... right?

-edit-
Nvm, it seems like this is only for 1 suit on the normal online shop (P1105I-JD). This ones measurements are all different from any other Napoli.

Last edited:

Jeroen Vriend

Reaction score
guys, any consensus on the quality of suit supply's outerwear?
Specifically the pure wool topcoats? or the cashmere ones?
I am wondering if the quality is good for the price or if I am better off going elsewhere

http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/coats/blue-coat/J248.html?start=1
http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/coats/grey-coat-/J245.html?start=2

Are the buttons functional on the cuffs?

any insight is appreciated.
I bought the woolen one a year ago, but the sleeves are verry short. Almost 0.5 cm shorter compared to Washington fit jacket.

Last edited:

Monkeyface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

They're allowing the outlet for the UK? Freight forwarder? Really want the first one but been unable to find a proxy.

Anyone in holland feel like proxying for your fellow Europeans, it would be really appreciated (46 ;))

Nope, family in holland

Monkeyface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lucky. I hope they'll make the outlet available to the UK soon, but they seem to be more busy with their campaign in the USA.

They're also adding a lot more to the US outlet than to the NL outlet. I guess they're using it as marketing, to gain some brand awareness in the US.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads