• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
How did I not know about this?

I need the code too!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

chocsosa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Curious to know what sort of material is left in SS tousers to be taken down? I've read a few posts which indicate they may come unhemmed? or is this instore only? or am I dreaming that up? I note the sleeves can only be taken down so much due to the functioning button holes.

I'm 201cm and 105kg (6ft 7 / 230 lbs) and can rarely get a suit off the rack in Australia and have had MTM in the past (not cheap in Australia), but looking to save a few dollars this time round. Have ordered 3 suits in varying styles to see which fit is best (take advantage of the free return if required).

Chocsosa - hopefully you see this, as I've seen in one of your posts you are 6ft 8?

Thanks all.
Hey Easts..sorry for the late reply..I have found the pants are long enough for me and I have very long legs.. not enough for a cuff..(which never happens with RTW).. but enough for a plain hem that covers the shoe..I have only purchased the Napoli suits but have tried on the Sienna and a Washington half..the Sienna was too short for my tastes and the Washington half fit well off the rack but I had to size up for my frame (6"8 250lbs)..the Napoli was the best fit for me.. the pants fit well too.. but I have very skinny legs for my size..skinny legs, smaller waist, and very broad shoulders and chest..hope this info helps..

Wess

Reaction score

Ok quick question, whats the most relaxed fit, Napoli or London (of all the fits) i mean

Very similar, the London might be a tiny bit more roomy. The main difference is the slightly lower button stance (not even an inch) and the more heavily padded shoulders on the London.

Last edited:

Syeknom

Reaction score
I find the London more "relaxed" with the chest space and drape from the shoulders, plus the high trousers.

Napoli on me off-the-rack is just a bit boxy and the arms are much wider than on the London. The trousers are slimmer too.

EEWithoutStyle

Reaction score
I've only tried on the Napoli and Sienna fits and the Sienna seemed to fit me better. What does everyone think about the Washington's lapels? I personally feel like they are too wide, especially for someone who is really skinny like me. I need a new suit for job interviews and this will be my first suit.

allegrokev

Reaction score
I've only tried on the Napoli and Sienna fits and the Sienna seemed to fit me better. What does everyone think about the Washington's lapels? I personally feel like they are too wide, especially for someone who is really skinny like me. I need a new suit for job interviews and this will be my first suit.

I'm very thin too - I love the lapels on my Washington for that very reason. They do make more of a statement than if the suit were exactly the same but with notch lapels, but the suit is by no means ostentatious; go for it. Mine is this one - http://eu.suitsupply.com/en_GB/suits/washington-blue-plain/P3484.html - it's really not shiny as it appears on the site.

Easts

Reaction score
Thanks Chocsosa. Much appreciated. Have ordered each of those fits you mentioned so will see how they go.

EEWithoutStyle

Reaction score

Quote:
I'm very thin too - I love the lapels on my Washington for that very reason. They do make more of a statement than if the suit were exactly the same but with notch lapels, but the suit is by no means ostentatious; go for it. Mine is this one - http://eu.suitsupply.com/en_GB/suits/washington-blue-plain/P3484.html - it's really not shiny as it appears on the site.
Thanks for the feedback, I'll be sure to try it on. I'll be looking for one in a dark charcoal. Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

yoose

Reaction score

I just picked up my washington in a med grey and I like the look. it’s my first peak lapel and its something a bit different. I cant find the color on their site, but im pretty sure it’s the same as this one http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/suits/napoli-grey-plain/P3457I.html?start=5&cgid=Suits grey VBC 110s

simple80t

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback, I'll be sure to try it on. I'll be looking for one in a dark charcoal.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Hi EE,

I have the Washington and I love the suit, but I wouldn't recommend it as a first purchase or for job interviews. You want people to notice you, not your suit.

A standard notch lapel suit in a solid navy or grey should be your first purchase as these suits have a lot of versatility and are always office appropriate. Peak lapels are by tradition more elegant and formal, but fashion designers are always trying to make everything formal into something casual, even the tuxedo (dinner suit). If you have the cash and love the Washington, I'd say pick it up along with one of the other notch lapel suits.

Good luck on your interviews!

Omar1223

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads