• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

bearsfan172

Reaction score

The sienna is worth the extra money though. But yes, if you're looking to save some money the Napoli would be the next best thing.

I think that the ticket pocket on the Sienna prevents it from being a truly conservative suit, unfortunately. I bought one of those but sent it back for the London because I think it is a more conservative style and fit

Kroaker

Reaction score
I think that the ticket pocket on the Sienna prevents it from being a truly conservative suit, unfortunately. I bought one of those but sent it back for the London because I think it is a more conservative style and fit
I still don't understand why the don't get us more options in the London here in the states. I love that cut.

Omar1223

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I still don't understand why the don't get us more options in the London here in the states.  I love that cut.

+1 million, dont get it at all.

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I tried the London on and really liked it. The high buttoning point on most other models did not seem flattering on me. I don't remember trying a Sienna, but then again I just walked into SS to kill time. I'm not really worried about conservative business dress conservative, I just need something solid & dark that won't look out-of-style when the "slim fit" fad runs its course.

Went to the SOHO store today and tried on all the different cuts. Went with the Sienna cut in blue plain, as it had the cleanest drape and waist suppression (http://us.suitsupply.com/suits/suit-blue-plain-sienna-p3485i/P3485I,en_US,pd.html)

Jacket is untouched, will have a tailor clean it up a bit, but otherwise off the rack it's not too bad.

Does the Sienna have an open lapel buttonhole?

kashmir

Reaction score
I think the currently trending silhouette is quite goofy. natural shoulders but (sometimes overly) slim fit, in the arms especially, and significant waist suppression just feels dissonant. not even talking about the length here. I feel that natural shoulders work with a more relaxed sort of cut.

Last edited:

silvercitynyc

Reaction score

I've been badgering suitsupply customer service reps with this exact complaint repeatedly. The Sienna's shoulders are AMAZING and incredibly unique,.particularly in a city like NYC where "napoli" cut style shoulders are essentially the standard and very boring. They look so good (at least on my generally "wide-shoulder" athletic build).

Should we start a petition for either:
1) Creating a version of the Sienna with normal flap pockets (and no ticket pocket)
OR
2) Including the Sienna in the MTM program (currently only Napoli and London shoulder are offered)

The holy grail of off-the-rack suiting is when a maker uses a conservative CUT, but then presses forward with more edgy fabrics. When you combine a fashion-forward cut AND fashion-forward "edgy" fabrics, it ends up just looking cheap and tacky. When you balance the cut and the fabric better, it has a much higher chance of becoming your favorite suit, both modern and timeless.

But to date, I don't know of a single suit manufacturer that "gets this" -- so close for suitsupply...so close...

Monkeyface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
sienna has a ticket and hacking pockets which im personally not a fan of.

I've been badgering suitsupply customer service reps with this exact complaint repeatedly. The Sienna's shoulders are AMAZING and incredibly unique,.particularly in a city like NYC where "napoli" cut style shoulders are essentially the standard and very boring. They look so good (at least on my generally "wide-shoulder" athletic build).

Should we start a petition for either:
1) Creating a version of the Sienna with normal flap pockets (and no ticket pocket)
OR
2) Including the Sienna in the MTM program (currently only Napoli and London shoulder are offered)

The holy grail of off-the-rack suiting is when a maker uses a conservative CUT, but then presses forward with more edgy fabrics. When you combine a fashion-forward cut AND fashion-forward "edgy" fabrics, it ends up just looking cheap and tacky. When you balance the cut and the fabric better, it has a much higher chance of becoming your favorite suit, both modern and timeless.

But to date, I don't know of a single suit manufacturer that "gets this" -- so close for suitsupply...so close...

Yes, the Sienna has nicer fabrics and hand attached shoulders, which really make a difference. I work in one of the most conservative sectors in the most conservative city, and I can tell you that literally no one gives a **** about whether your suit has a ticket pocket or not. They've got more important things on their mind. Sometimes SF over-thinks things.

Last edited:

silvercitynyc

Reaction score
Maybe no one will comment on your ticket pocket, but they will see it eventually and will think "what a little dandy". That alone actually wouldn't be an issue if it weren't for the hacking pockets as well. Both those combined make you look like a try-too-hard.

Monkeyface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Maybe no one will comment on your ticket pocket, but they will see it eventually and will think "what a little dandy". That alone actually wouldn't be an issue if it weren't for the hacking pockets as well. Both those combined make you look like a try-too-hard.

Haha, no they won't think that, let alone even notice it. People are much too self involved and busy to spend time thinking about another man's extra pocket.

Last edited:

jaywhyy

Reaction score
Will the lowered prices for the Soho, Copenhagen, and Boston jackets extend to any other jackets i.e. is there any history of it? That $149 price tag is mighty enticing, but I have no need for a double-breasted jacket, and I agree with timo about the Copenhagen. What happens to seasonal inventory that does not sell--they just get shipped to the Euro outlets?

timotune

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Actually, this is the first time I saw a price drop on either the Suitsupply web-shop or the brick&mortar-store.
Usually their old (not-basic-staple) stuff goes to the outlets or is kept in the usual stores until it sells out.
I wrote them an email recently to get a suit from 3 seasons ago and they found it in one of their stores and will send it to me. I will have to pay full retail price, though.

IMHO, I quite liked the system with no price drops. Sure, you cannot get a deal, but you have the security that the item you just bought will cost less than 50% the next day or so.

Jmen

Reaction score
Will the lowered prices for the Soho, Copenhagen, and Boston jackets extend to any other jackets i.e. is there any history of it? That $149 price tag is mighty enticing, but I have no need for a double-breasted jacket, and I agree with timo about the Copenhagen. What happens to seasonal inventory that does not sell--they just get shipped to the Euro outlets?
I ordered that Copenhagen jacket and it's actually not the Copenhagen fit but the Paris fit. I can't find anything about that fit on the Suitsupply site, but I remember seeing that fit in the past. Maybe it's a discontinued line or something.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Actually, this is the first time I saw a price drop on either the Suitsupply web-shop or the brick&mortar-store.
Usually their old (not-basic-staple) stuff goes to the outlets or is kept in the usual stores until it sells out.
I wrote them an email recently to get a suit from 3 seasons ago and they found it in one of their stores and will send it to me. I will have to pay full retail price, though.

IMHO, I quite liked the system with no price drops. Sure, you cannot get a deal, but you have the security that the item you just bought will cost less than 50% the next day or so.

+1

The prices are pretty low anyway compared to many brands. Having said that, I quite like that they're not actively advertising the reductions you spotted as an official sale.

Demean

Reaction score
This appears to be the Havana jacket with the lowest buttoning point. How tall are you?
It might look like a low buttoning point. I'm around 179-180 cm and the jacket is a 42. Probably looks even lower because my jeans and trousers have got quite a high rise.

That last pic, is that you or NOBD?

I know a lot of people have the NOBD collar but damn. You're copying his exact fit. It's a bit creepy.
That's me haha. In what way am I copying his fit? And this shirt is just a random OTR shirt - 'Any similarities are purely coincidental' haha!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads