• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebichuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

i was told in dc by a salesperson that they will do seperates only on the napoli in charcoal and navy pinstripe.

i asked him why not solids and he said he didnt know but that was the policy. this was earlier this summer not sure if its different now.

Oddly, when I was purchasing a solid navy Napoli I was told they could do separates. The exact wording was "we do separates for our staple lines" - unfortunately I didn't inquire what exactly that meant as I had no interest at that time. Seems the story varies from time to time and store to store. It never hurts to ask around, maybe call the general phone line and try to order separates if you need them; mabe someone gets lucky.

unambitious

Reaction score
On their pants page, they only show the navy and charcoal striped trousers available. The description:

Though separately available, this trouser is part of a suit. Made of fine yet durable wool in super 110's in navy, these trousers feature a very subtle pinstripe. Due to its fabric, these trousers are ideal for more frequent wear. These trousers allow you to mix and match a jacket size to a different trouser size and have the possibility of ordering an extra pair of trousers with your suit.

holyace2k2

Reaction score
Hi! I ordered up to a 38R Havana and tried it on. The jacket felt more comfortable than the 36R (although baggier too :( but 36R was too tight in chest), jacket needs to be taken in (along with pants being hemmed). When I moved my shoulders I noticed that part of the fabric on the right shoulder would kind of jet up (pic 2). Otherwise I think the shoulders feel okay. Any advice or any other advice on the fit would be greatly appreciated. I teach hs kids, so I can take any type of criticism.Thanks!

Last edited:

holyace2k2

Reaction score
Oddly, when I was purchasing a solid navy Napoli I was told they could do separates. The exact wording was "we do separates for our staple lines" - unfortunately I didn't inquire what exactly that meant as I had no interest at that time. Seems the story varies from time to time and store to store. It never hurts to ask around, maybe call the general phone line and try to order separates if you need them; mabe someone gets lucky.

And from what I have been told (In the Chicago store and online) you can't mix and match the pants and jacket. Although I have seen on their facebook page, a Suitsupply employee told a poster to email him directly (or something to that extent) and he will take care of it. So I agree I think it does vary, and you should definitely ask!

Last edited:

Jeffijers

Reaction score
i was told in dc by a salesperson that they will do seperates only on the napoli in charcoal and navy pinstripe.

i asked him why not solids and he said he didnt know but that was the policy. this was earlier this summer not sure if its different now.
i was told the exact same thing..

dufferin1

Reaction score

Monkeyface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Didn't see it before, but this suit is great too, brown check with purple and yellow details.

There are at least 6 suits in the new collection that I'd love to get: This one, navy birdseye sienna, DB vest brown check lazio, DB vest striped blue lazio, blue donegal tweedish blue madison and the pink soho.

yjeezle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

PapaRubbery

Reaction score

It's hard because the best fabric for wearing the suit as separates would be the Lazio - the herringbone on the Havana makes it more suited for suiting (heh) - whereas the Havana jacket is awesome as a SC.

****, the Havana is actually a really great cut for suiting and then wearing as separates. All of my SuitSupply SC's are Havana, FWIW.

yjeezle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the havana line is really great... i wish i pulled the trigger on the grey plaid number earlier... it's OOS :(

the only bad part is that it's a TAD wide in the chest, but not a deal breaker

emiristol

Reaction score
It's hard because the best fabric for wearing the suit as separates would be the Lazio - the herringbone on the Havana makes it more suited for suiting (heh) - whereas the Havana jacket is awesome as a SC.

****, the Havana is actually a really great cut for suiting and then wearing as separates. All of my SuitSupply SC's are Havana, FWIW.

Yeah it's a bit of a toss-up. I'm trying to find something similar to the jacket in this photo:

Takahiro Osaki of Liverano & Liverano

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads