• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

gimpwiz

Reaction score
One - nice color! Two - photos are best taken by someone else. Helps see issues without you twisting your arms and shoulders. Three - what material is that? That crease almost makes me think linen but it's definitely an odd crease. What did the tailor say about it?

tilesomoole

Reaction score
Hey all - I'm listing a gem. Charcoal grey VBC circular wool flannel sportcoat in 46R Havana. It's like new. Check it out!

Viatu

Reaction score
The grey suit fits your shoulders and back best. Both trousers are way too tight in my opinion.

Zerase

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone tried the Mira and care to comment? It is really nice that Suitsupply are starting to add som trousers with a higher rise and a bit fuller (but not full enough) legs.

davidazio

Reaction score
I had also been looking at the Mira fit, but from what I can see they are now only offering Mira shorts? A bit off topic, but if you like fuller pants I have just received a pair of CAMO Comanche pants via No Man Walks Alone which are very good. Full seat and leg, VERY comfortable, but still look sharp and tailored.

Zerase

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had also been looking at the Mira fit, but from what I can see they are now only offering Mira shorts? A bit off topic, but if you like fuller pants I have just received a pair of CAMO Comanche pants via No Man Walks Alone which are very good. Full seat and leg, VERY comfortable, but still look sharp and tailored.

There are one pair of Mira trousers:

davidazio

Reaction score
Oh hey just thought to post this. I ordered the Roma tobacco linen suit for science. Sending it back because I just got a tobacco linen suit from another maker, but I wanted to see how I liked the cut for future reference.
I published my thoughts here:
suitsupplys-roma-cut-is-it-any-good

Thanks for sharing this, I found it very helpful. I have been curious about the Roma fit for a while. In Europe the value proposition is better than in the US, since Spier & Mackay is not as readily available here and import costs make it more expensive.

In your article you mention that you would take the same size as other Suitsupply cuts. Can you expand a bit more on how the fit compares to other popular cuts? The size chart feels off, with very much larger shoulders and shorter sleeves than other cuts.

alfredt

Reaction score
Oh hey just thought to post this. I ordered the Roma tobacco linen suit for science. Sending it back because I just got a tobacco linen suit from another maker, but I wanted to see how I liked the cut for future reference.
Hi Mitchell - how is the rise on the trousers? Suitsupply calls them mid-rise but they appear to be quite a bit higher than what they usually offer. Hoping they sit at the belly button.

MBrianT

Reaction score
Very helpful. If there were a consistent gripe I have with SS, it’s the website pictures. I often see something that looks like the perfect color, only to find it very different in-person due to lighting. My nearest store doesn’t get everything so by the time I can see a color in-person, my size isn’t available. I thought that looked more dark tobacco online,, but in your pics, it looks more cigar.

joorinainen

Reaction score
Any thoughts on the Suit Supply Lazio Tux?

I ordered custom made tuxedo suit with single breasted jacket and double breasted jacket. I opted for black pure tropical wool because it's a bit more heavier weight at 320gr/m2 but still offer some breathability due to more open weave. I will probably receive it next week.

I don't know if the custom made tuxes are based on Lazio or the La spalla.

1up

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I ordered custom made tuxedo suit with single breasted jacket and double breasted jacket. I opted for black pure tropical wool because it's a bit more heavier weight at 320gr/m2 but still offer some breathability due to more open weave. I will probably receive it next week.

I don't know if the custom made tuxes are based on Lazio or the La spalla.
Is it possible to due a shawl collar through the MTO process?

BlairW

Reaction score
New custom suit arrived. Trousers were slightly off so they’re going away for adjustments. Pretty happy with the jacket though!
IMG_0088.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads