• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Angel91

Reaction score
I see, yes, thanks: what surprises me is that the models on their website have the pockets sticking out too…

MajorDash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I own the white jort alpaca suit. Not fuzzy but a premium feel, super nice fabric. Very warm, not that durable.

It isn't fuzzy, but it definitely is 'soft'. I have the same suit, and I am rather disappointed that I gained too much weight in the last two years to wear it. I can't justify spending $1200 getting a new one through the MTO program though.

MajorDash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
any idea when the next SS outlet sale will happen

Sorry man. Yeah. The outlet even still had some of the old Jort line kilts. I managed to snag a kilt and the matching jacket that goes with it. Now I just have to decide whether to wear it with or without underwear.

The last like... 5 pages of content on this thread is just users asking when the next outlet is going to happen and other users repeatedly explaining why we haven't seen an outlet since 2020 and probably won't see one again anytime soon.

snuff_daddy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They already did one last month for their loyal customers. Everything was at least 60% off. I picked up a few suits and sport coats. You didn't get a personalized email from them?
not sure if u have time but can u search what he original email subject was so i can just search my inbox?

nevaeh

Reaction score
any idea what the threshold is for future reference? im not a big spender at SS. Maybe ~$1k a year.
Not sure about the threshold. I've been putting in at least $18k-$30k with SuitSupply for the past 6 years.

I'm being sarcastic and apologies if it comes across as harsh. Please read @MajorDash's spoiler. None of us knows when--or even whether--there will be an outlet.

Last edited:

CasualWearer88

Reaction score
Dear friends,

I am planning to execute my first custom-made coat. I have chosen the Merano fit. I would like to extend the total length of the coat by 8 cm, so it can reach knee-lenght.

Does anyone know if this extension will have any influence on other measurements, such as the button height?

Best Regards

Last edited:

MajorDash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dear friends,

I am planning to execute my first custom-made coat. I have chosen the Merano fit. I would like to extend the total length of the coat by 8 cm, so it can reach knee-lenght.

Does anyone know if this extension will have any influence on other measurements, such as the button height?

Best Regards

No. The extension doesn't change anything. Just make sure that you size up as the Merano coat generally runs a bit small.

I got an extended length Merano in 2021, and it is a LONG BOI with the 25cm extra length.

CasualWearer88

Reaction score
No. The extension doesn't change anything. Just make sure that you size up as the Merano coat generally runs a bit small.

I got an extended length Merano in 2021, and it is a LONG BOI with the 25cm extra length.
Thank you for reply. I wasn't planning to use the +25 cm extension option, but to add +8 cm lenght via sizing customization. I'm wondering if this will have any impact on the buttoning height or other measurements?

MajorDash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you for reply. I wasn't planning to use the +25 cm extension option, but to add +8 cm lenght via sizing customization. I'm wondering if this will have any impact on the buttoning height or other measurements?

No. They literally just add more material to the bottom of the coat. All of the sleeve, button, chest, waist, and shoulder measurements remain the same.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads