• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

EthansAlley

Reaction score
Does anybody have any real life experience with the jacket below? I like the pattern/colours, but I’m afraid of the composition. 17% polyamide seems a lot, but I’ve never handled anything like this before.
View attachment 1503516

@Delands I have several of the blends with polyamide and other synthetic materials. These jackets hold up nice and tend to get the most compliments because of the different texture. If it’s a Ferla fabric, you can’t go wrong. Ferla is by far the fabric maker who makes the most unique fabrics and garners the most compliments.

compuccesory

Reaction score
I got my first order. It's all pretty nice. I'm in the US.

Overcoats have different fits I think, the Irish Magee wool raglan overcoat is plenty roomy for another suit underneath, the E.Thomas DB overcoat, eh, probably not.

THe Jort suspenders are ALbert Thurston and made in the UK.

archipel

Reaction score
Just got to take a look on my stuff. I learned I don't like cotton suit. One of the cotton suits in Green also looks absolutely horrible (P5762), first time I've seen an real ugly suit from Suitsupply. Should have ordered an extra wool Havana but alas.

Delands

Reaction score
@Delands I have several of the blends with polyamide and other synthetic materials. These jackets hold up nice and tend to get the most compliments because of the different texture. If it’s a Ferla fabric, you can’t go wrong. Ferla is by far the fabric maker who makes the most unique fabrics and garners the most compliments.

Thanks for chiming in! I might just take the plunge if it’s still available in my size. Risk is limited as well with free returns here in Belgium

zanci

Reaction score
Well yeah, me too, that's why I bought it. It's the White cotton cashmere E.Zegna DB tux.
The site says its full canvas, ill try mine, but I think mine is full canvas as I felt it when I got it. Amazing piece though.

What are in your opinions top outlet picks? I did not buy anything, but the grey DB jort or DB jort blue tux for 280 just ...

EUtroll

Reaction score
I'm only on the lookout for conservative suits and sport coats these days. The former will always, at least, be needed in moderation for important events or meetings, and the latter are just too enjoyable to give up even if WFH.

archipel

Reaction score
Seems like my gloves are both Peccary and Carpincho?
FA2C7936-2095-4A9B-836D-74537273CBE4.jpeg

Attachments

• 3C1DDFE9-22C1-4B9C-A276-7EF7BF3FF5A9.jpeg
    3C1DDFE9-22C1-4B9C-A276-7EF7BF3FF5A9.jpeg
    220.1 KB · Views: 80

MisterBB

Reaction score
Jealous you all got access to Jort tuxedos. Either I missed them or they didn't stock any in 46L.

Really want that Havana Wool DB Dinner Jacket too but only available in 46R

What part of the US are you all in that you've received orders already? I'm in DC still awaiting shipment

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics