• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They cancelled my Custom Made order. Two weeks later... One week after getting the confirmation email. Good news is, they finally refunded my Outlet order. It only took two months.

I guess they were waiting to cancel the Custom Made order once I got my Outlet refund. That way I wouldn't harass them for keeping all of my #WFH savings.

It still don't feel good tho.

Konnor

Reaction score
Love it! Grabbed this suit too from the outlet, never wore it because I dislike the slim low rise trousers with a passion, however this may have convinced me to finally de-tag my jacket and start wearing it as a separate ?
Thank you! I bought it with the intention of not wearing the trousers, but I actually am fine with the fit on those. It’s likely because they’re a size and a half larger than my actual size.

Pat_E

Reaction score
This has definitely been my absolute favorite from the Outlet.
View attachment 1407762
View attachment 1407761

I'm sure this has been said before, maybe even on this thread. Since I find this idea really important, I'll remind everyone again. At the end of the day, the style advice you get from this forum are from armchair stylists. It won't necessarily translate over into the real world.

I bought this suit from the winter outlet, and it is one of the suits that I have gotten the most compliments on. As an example, I wore this suit out for brunch (in Sweden mind you). A complete stranger said with reference to the suit "Vilken höjdare!". Which roughly translates to "That raises the bar!". I find that in the US it is commonplace to get compliments from strangers, but not in Sweden. Which shows the weight of the compliment.

I'll conclude with this quote by Immanuel Kant: "Experience without theory is blind, but theory without experience is mere intellectual play."

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm sure this has been said before, maybe even on this thread. Since I find this idea really important, I'll remind everyone again. At the end of the day, the style advice you get from this forum are from armchair stylists. It won't necessarily translate over into the real world.

I bought this suit from the winter outlet, and it is one of the suits that I have gotten the most compliments on. As an example, I wore this suit out for brunch (in Sweden mind you). A complete stranger said with reference to the suit "Vilken höjdare!". Which roughly translates to "That raises the bar!". I find that in the US it is commonplace to get compliments from strangers, but not in Sweden. Which shows the weight of the compliment.

I'll conclude with this quote by Immanuel Kant: "Experience without theory is blind, but theory without experience is mere intellectual play."
Hej vännen! Jag bor i Stockholm ;)

everyone can say their opinion and it gets sometimes repeating when they say how they want your suit to look on you based on their liking. I did get one good comment and it was the pants rise. But what am I going to do if Suitsupply has such low rise pants?

No matter what they say, I have an emerald green suit and this one for example that I absolutely love and wear as a suit or separate. It’s part of who I am and I love it :) keep wearing yours, glad midsommar and maybe see you one day outside!

Pat_E

Reaction score
Hej vännen! Jag bor i Stockholm ;)

everyone can say their opinion and it gets sometimes repeating when they say how they want your suit to look on you based on their liking. I did get one good comment and it was the pants rise. But what am I going to do if Suitsupply has such low rise pants?

No matter what they say, I have an emerald green suit and this one for example that I absolutely love and wear as a suit or separate. It’s part of who I am and I love it :) keep wearing yours, glad midsommar and maybe see you one day outside!

Tja!

I thought about it when I was writing the comment. My point was never that these threads don't have value and can't provide criticism that is useful. My point is, as others have pointed out. That there can be a tendency for comments to not reflect reality. It was that, that I wanted push back on.

With regards to your question,
But what am I going to do if Suitsupply has such low rise pants?
Correct me if I misunderstood your question, but my best answer would be vote with your wallet. If the rise of pants at Suitsupply isn't to your liking buy pants from places that are to your liking. There's definitely not a shortage of choice in Sweden.

Happy midsommar! Maybe I'll see you around.

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tja!

I thought about it when I was writing the comment. My point was never that these threads don't have value and can't provide criticism that is useful. My point is, as others have pointed out. That there can be a tendency for comments to not reflect reality. It was that, that I wanted push back on.

With regards to your question,

Correct me if I misunderstood your question, but my best answer would be vote with your wallet. If the rise of pants at Suitsupply isn't to your liking buy pants from places that are to your liking. There's definitely not a shortage of choice in Sweden.

Happy midsommar! Maybe I'll see you around.
Very correct, but I for example loved this suit and I was not gonna pass on it for 2000 sek down from 8000!

Zerase

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree with the criticism of your suit. I think there are others suit in your collection that fit you better and the visual appearance is not to my liking. Having said that, you should not care. If you like it, rock it, and you certainly do!

Glad Midsommar!

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are there people that haven’t had their custom made refunded just like me yet? It’s been almost 2 weeks. Really curious!

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree with the criticism of your suit. I think there are others suit in your collection that fit you better and the visual appearance is not to my liking. Having said that, you should not care. If you like it, rock it, and you certainly do!

Glad Midsommar!
I love it and that’s what matters ;) it’s the same when I worked there, I had to put my personal feelings aside and sell the things I didn’t like. I remember that jacket (giro Inglese) that is apparently Fokke’s favorite that looked disgusting to me but hey some loved it.

happy midsommar!

iurvox

Reaction score
Any experience recently with buyer's regret after ordering an MTM suit from the store? I commissioned a suit, production has started, and I really dislike some of my design choices... ugh.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KingCaru