• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

chocsosa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Question for you guys. Just got my plain navy Napoli in and tried it on (40R). I used the fit 'advisor' on their site. It's snug, but I really like the suit. The only thing I can see wrong is that the lapels are often not hanging smoothly on the inside roll. I don't know what the proper term is for what they're doing, but I googled pucker, pinch, etc and nothing similar came up. I'd rather not go up a size as the pants fit me perfectly with the 34" waist. Is this a common problem? Is it a problem at all? Thanks in advance!

I would have to see what you are talking about but the Napoli's with the wider lapels have a really nice roll that when buttoned will still roll a little bit. Sign of lapel that has a great roll.. all my suits with beautiful lapel rolls do this.. I'm thinking thats what you are talking about..

RedRider

Reaction score
I'll try and take a better pic. I'm talking about the inside 'v' edge that the lapel of the coat makes. There are points halfway up the 'v' on both sides where what appears to be extra fabric ripples. The canvas underneath doesn't feel like its doing the same thing, but the fabric along the roll pinches, puckers, whatever you call it. I think if there was a tad less fabric it wouldn't do it. I'd think that would be fixable since the fabric just floats freely over the canvas.

timotune

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Timo, did you buy the Spalla? I thought I saw a jacket of the model on your tumblr. Would love to see how it looks when worn.

I just have a top shot with crappy lighting:

No alterations yet. Sleeves obv. too long, some sleeve pitch issues (I have those with all of my coats :confused:).
Size is a 40r and it is this one: http://www.suitsupply.com/suit-blue...3343,en,pd.html?start=53&cgid=Suits&srule=Fit

Last edited:

timotune

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Looks like it has potential. Are you keeping it ?

Yes. I bought it BNWT from a user in another forum for a pretty low price (~450€)

I will go to my tailor after Christmas, the sleeves can be fixed.

PaisleySnail

Reaction score
I'll try and take a better pic. I'm talking about the inside 'v' edge that the lapel of the coat makes. There are points halfway up the 'v' on both sides where what appears to be extra fabric ripples. The canvas underneath doesn't feel like its doing the same thing, but the fabric along the roll pinches, puckers, whatever you call it. I think if there was a tad less fabric it wouldn't do it. I'd think that would be fixable since the fabric just floats freely over the canvas.

I'm assuming that's what you're talking about? I'm not sure what's causing that but I think the jacket fits well overall.

RedRider

Reaction score

I'm assuming that's what you're talking about? I'm not sure what's causing that but I think the jacket fits well overall.
Yes, that's exactly what I'm talking about, thanks. The jacket does fit my contours well, just a little tight in the chest/back, but I'm thinking I'm ok with that. Back looks good too. Very impressed with quality, much much better than anything I've tried at the various malls all over Miami for past two weeks $1000 and below.

CousinDonuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Question for you guys. Just got my plain navy Napoli in and tried it on (40R). I used the fit 'advisor' on their site. It's snug, but I really like the suit. The only thing I can see wrong is that the lapels are often not hanging smoothly on the inside roll. I don't know what the proper term is for what they're doing, but I googled pucker, pinch, etc and nothing similar came up. I'd rather not go up a size as the pants fit me perfectly with the 34" waist. Is this a common problem? Is it a problem at all? Thanks in advance! [

It might mean that the chest is a little tight. Or maybe it just needs to be steamed/pressed. A live tailor might know.

landshark

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The lapels are "bowing"

snowboardpunk

Reaction score
What do you guys think I should do with this? keep it or return it? i got it for pretty cheap 300 from Park and bond. The waist is pretty tight, (kind of was giving me a muffin top too :( could be the reason for being too tight in the waist) so ill loosen it up about .5-1 inch and how do you guys feel about the overall length of the jacket and sleeves? I am younger, 21, so I do like to more slimmer fit. But maybe its a tad too tight? I do plan on losing 10 more pounds since my goal weight is 155. oh and this is a size 35r according to suit supply, although Park and bond sized it as 34.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Pls take jacket flicks with a proper shirt on....

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member