• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mr Engineer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah depends how its real life colour is, texture looks good though. I think it has the potential to be a good autumn/winter jacket.

That being said I still think the tobacco havanna was the most interesting colour I've seen in a while. Kicking myself I didn't grab one.

Although
Yea I wouldn't like it if the yellow is to bright.

Osse

Reaction score
Just placed an order on that hemp thing, gonna be interesting to see how it looks and feels when it arrives. If I don't like it, I guess I could just crochet it down in a bong and smoke it..

CousinDonuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hello, Could someone please let me know how this Sienna fits? It has not been tailored yet, but just want to make sure it's a good starting point before I get it tailored. Thanks!
Is it covering your arse? Sleeves are short but you probably figured that out already. Kinda hard to see since you're standing against a dirty backdrop, but looks decent.
Hey longtime lurker here, hoping to get some advice on sizing. I'm going to order a Navy Napoli online (no stores in my area) and here are my measurements: Height: 73 inches (6'' 1') Chest: 39 Upper waist: 36 Lower waist: 34 The size advisor recommends a 36R, but that seems small. I usually wear 40 (or 42 if it's a very slim fit), although I recently rented a 39 tux that fit perfectly, so I'm no longer sure. I was thinking I'd order two sizes and return whichever doesn't fit. Should I order a 36R and 38R, or stick to 38R and 40R? Thanks so much for the help!
I also vote for ordering the 38R and 40R as a starting point.

Portabiti

Reaction score
Did anybody try the shawl collar cardigans from the new collection? Are they worth the money? I read mixed reviews about some of the last collections knitwear items but hope they improved?

phsiao08

Reaction score
Did anybody try the shawl collar cardigans from the new collection? Are they worth the money? I read mixed reviews about some of the last collections knitwear items but hope they improved?

I got a chance to see them...they're alright, I think they're worth the price in the mid 100s range especially compared to other offerings but definitely not as a great as their suits or shirts.

MrTopCat

Reaction score
My Soho arrived... a day late, and needs some pressing before wearing.

Here are some pics, probably not the best, but better than nothing.

Note that I didn't wear the suit pants because they are about half an inch too long, plus I want to get the cuffs removed from the pants (I'm 5'7, 2 inch cuffs are not very flattering on shorter men).

Also wanted to test its versatility as an odd jacket.

I know it looks like there is minor pulling, but those are just creases caused during shipping, will get those pressed out soon.

Also I know about the issue with my left shoulder, not much I can do about it when buying RTW clothes and it doesn't bother me too much (One shoulder is slightly less prominent than the other, which shows more on natural-shoulder suits).

Aside from those two points, how is the length and other areas?

Last edited:

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking good, MrTopCat. I think the length is just fine. The jacket needs to be a bit longer than the sleeves, which is the case here. Fit looks pretty good.

I just kopped on a LaSpalla in plain blue (lighter than navy), Cerruti fabric, from the Shanghai SuSu store. Jacket fits like a glove straight off the hanger, although sleeves need slight shortening (fortunately not enough to throw off the sleeve button balance). Pents need taking in and cuffing. There's just not quite enough material to give me 5cm cuffs so I've had to settle for 4cm, which is the only slight bummer.

I carefully checked in-store vs. online pricing and found that the suit would be all of $11 cheaper shipped to Australia. However, in-store alterations are so keenly priced that I end up ahead. Plus I have the confidence of knowing up front that this particular suit fits well and looks good on me.

Hoping to pick up this evening (post alterations) and may try to post a fit photo here tomorrow.

Last edited:

SGo964

Reaction score
I went to SS today, and tried various models such as Napoli etc. The one that seemed to fit me best was Washington, surprisingly enough. Initially with Napoli, and Sienna, I found that the shoulder pleating was less of a MTM type style item, and more of a mess. I normally am a 44 but for Napoli and Sienna, the salesperson suggested 46 (a i have a bit of a belly). The Washington they gave me in a 44 however, and it was much better in that size, on the shoulders, and SS sales person (Eli @ Mad Ave, in NY) said that the suit button holes could be extended by an inch, in order to make it fit better.
I know that the rear of the suit looks like there is a bit of pulling, but in general, it seemed to fit rather well for a 44. The pants needs a little bit of work, but looks ok. I quite liked the material, and was pleasantly surprised that it was quite comfortable.

Thoughts welcome

tristanFH

Reaction score
^ Disagree. Looks good.

Edit: Could maybe have the waist let out a tiny fraction - might fix up the back

Last edited:

LeBeef

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any pics of you in a 46 Washington? To me, the chest looks too tight as the lapels are bowing, particularly in the side picture.

ShawnBC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMHO, shoulders pads extend past your natural shoulder line. You'd almost need a size down shoulder wise, but on the other hand, you definitively need a size up in the abdomen. Although the front doesn't 'X' pull much, the lower back clearly shows tightness.

Maybe size up but go for a model with natural shoulders (so that shoulder pads wont extend past your shoulders and create divots)?

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I understand the sales associates at Suitsupply work on a commission, but with all these photos of ill-fitting suits taken directly at the store it makes me wonder how much the associates actually care about decently fit suits. Thankfully I own enough SS suits to where I no longer really need the advice of a SA but for first time shoppers I'm a bit disappointed at Suitsupply.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 104 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 13.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads