• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MrTopCat

Reaction score
Oh, perfect. Where did you get that from?

I asked in-store, in Suitsupply Westfield. Plus, here is an additional source:

Can you explain this pre-order? I am on their mailing list and haven't received anything. Is it a pre-order for new releases?

It's a pre-order for their fall/winter releases. There should be an estimated shipping date on the products, but during the S/S 14 pre-order I received my suit before the date. This pre-order is particularly useful to me since I need to buy size 32s, which are often very limited in stock.

Hopefully there are more Soho and Madison wool jackets

I hope so too. I'm planning to buy a plain navy or light grey Soho suit. May settle for pinstripes or checks depending on how loud they are.

Here are some of the ones they have for planned release:

I'm not really a fan of either, so I'd pass on these. Take a look at some of their other fall/winter releases too!

http://www.thetrendspotter.net/2014/06/suitsupply-autumnwinter-2014-mens-lookbook.html#/

rc121

Reaction score
Any ideas on when last seasons stuff gets added to the outlet? Still looks like stuff from FW and last SS, but want to pick up some of this spring/summer stuff. I noticed that the US outlet opened last November, so I'm assuming it will get added to the Netherlands outlet around that time. Is that correct?

Scalable

Reaction score
BTW, for those of you own SS suits or SC, how are they holding up?

My half-lined Washington grey herringbone sportcoat, after about a year to year-and-a-half of use has had a busted lining near the left sleeve at the seam, and a busted bottom pocket where the pocket opened up into what was likely the fabric. I also only just noticed that the left sleeve is an entire centimetre longer than the right.

All this damage was primarily due to shoddy sewing of seams.

While I'm not entirely satisfied with Suitsupply's quality, I've found myself unable to turn to any other company for the same mix of price, good fit, aesthetics and fabric quality (of which I admittedly know nothing about - I just prefer their transparency and am ashamedly a little enamoured by their fabric marketing blurbs).

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have two Washington suits which I bought two years ago, and a Havana I recently purchased about 4 months ago. I only require wearing suits about 3 times a week and with all my other suits and sportcoats I can truthfully say my SS suits don't get heavy use. My main concern on all SS suits is the buttons aren't sewn on very well and I had to replace a couple buttons already which is a shame. Other than that I agree with this statement:

"I've found myself unable to turn to any other company for the same mix of price, good fit, aesthetics and fabric quality"

00Schneider

Reaction score
bought some jackets from the outlet which don't really fit and/or suit me that well. Before I return them I thought maybe someone here would like to buy them from me.
All of them are size 36 (46 in German size). I'm asking the original price (99 Euros) plus shipping to wherever:

Washington Half, brown, linen
http://eu.suitsupply.com/de_DE/jackets/washington-braun-karos/C554.html?vpid=C55403

Washington, blue, wool
http://eu.suitsupply.com/de_DE/jackets/washington-blau-unifarben/C512.html?vpid=C51203

Boston, light blue, cotton
http://eu.suitsupply.com/de_DE/jackets/boston-blau-unifarben/C565.html?vpid=C56502

Boston, dark blue, cotton
http://eu.suitsupply.com/de_DE/jackets/boston-blau-unifarben/C514.html?vpid=C51403

Plus: olive green polo shirts, sizes S and XS (39 Euro each).

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
god I hope their mid-gray flannel pants aren't cuffed in the FW14 collection. Let us choose if we want a cuff!!!!

MrTopCat

Reaction score
Any ideas on when last seasons stuff gets added to the outlet? Still looks like stuff from FW and last SS, but want to pick up some of this spring/summer stuff. I noticed that the US outlet opened last November, so I'm assuming it will get added to the Netherlands outlet around that time. Is that correct?

Well, I heard that the US outlet last year was not very profitable for them due to the massive shipping costs due to people ordering tons of suits/sizes, and then returning them. As these suits often came straight from their Netherlands warehouses, it was pretty expensive to ship so many to the US due to the low profit margins on the actual stock. Not sure if they returned there after being shipped to the US, as that would just cost even more.

I doubt the US outlet will be open this year, but I could be wrong. Just don't get your hopes up too much!

I have two Washington suits which I bought two years ago, and a Havana I recently purchased about 4 months ago. I only require wearing suits about 3 times a week and with all my other suits and sportcoats I can truthfully say my SS suits don't get heavy use. My main concern on all SS suits is the buttons aren't sewn on very well and I had to replace a couple buttons already which is a shame. Other than that I agree with this statement:

"I've found myself unable to turn to any other company for the same mix of price, good fit, aesthetics and fabric quality"

I completely agree with that statement.

Suitsupply has my loyalty!

Scalable

Reaction score
I've been keeping an eye on the online outlet for about two weeks, and they get added sporadically. I've seen one or two things added one every few days, at about the same rate items disappear.

I think you'll have to wait until the FW collection launches to get this year's stuff discounted. They generally launch their collections later than would be expected.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Well, I heard that the US outlet last year was not very profitable for them due to the massive shipping costs due to people ordering tons of suits/sizes, and then returning them. As these suits often came straight from their Netherlands warehouses, it was pretty expensive to ship so many to the US due to the low profit margins on the actual stock. Not sure if they returned there after being shipped to the US, as that would just cost even more.

I doubt the US outlet will be open this year, but I could be wrong. Just don't get your hopes up too much!

If that's the case and they had originally planned on opening it once a year, I am not sure why they couldn't just plan for this additional cost. Make the discounts not as deep to help cover some the shipping spread.

rc121

Reaction score
I was only referring to the Netherlands outlet, not the US. If you check the suit supply twitter account, they actually said they wouldn't be opening the US outlet this fall. Whether that is just a ploy to get people to buy at full price now vs. waiting for the outlet to open, I dont know.

MrTopCat

Reaction score
If that's the case and they had originally planned on opening it once a year, I am not sure why they couldn't just plan for this additional cost. Make the discounts not as deep to help cover some the shipping spread.

True, but I remember instances last year where people would order like 8 suits/sizes, only to keep around 1 or 2 of them, and returning the rest.

They'll probably keep their outlet EU exclusive for now, which kinda sucks because they didn't include the UK!
baldy[1].gif

mfridman

Reaction score
True, but I remember instances last year where people would order like 8 suits/sizes, only to keep around 1 or 2 of them, and returning the rest.

They'll probably keep their outlet EU exclusive for now, which kinda sucks because they didn't include the UK!
baldy%5B1%5D.gif
They didn't include Latvia either.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members