• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

devo666

Reaction score
Hey Guys. I was hoping you would be able to help me. I am 5'5(and one half), I weigh 140 pounds, have a 35 chest and roughly a 31/32 wait. I have heard amazing things about SuitSupply and am able to make the journey to their location in Chicago. However I am concerned that I might be too short to buy one and get it tailored. Would the better route be MTM? If the answer is obviously MTM then I don't want to make the 2 hour long journey into the city. Thank you very much.
I'm normally a 38S (have suit supply jackets in 36S and 38S - in my experience, the fit varies across their different jackets and cuts), live in Chicago, and I rarely find much in my size in the Chicago store. I suspect you might have the same problem. Before you make a trip to the store, you might want to call the to see what kind of stock they have in your size.

As far as determining your size, if I were you, I would take advantage of Suit Supply's free shipping/free returns to help figure out what size you wear in their stuff. Try to determine your size based on your own measurements (as others have said, jacket measurement will differ from your actual chest measurement) and then order a couple suits/jackets you like, and if they don't fit, return them. You can do research online to figure out more about how the stuff should fit and you can also get help from people on styleforum by posting pics.

LosFlewfers

Reaction score
I'm normally a 38S (have suit supply jackets in 36S and 38S - in my experience, the fit varies across their different jackets and cuts), live in Chicago, and I rarely find much in my size in the Chicago store. I suspect you might have the same problem. Before you make a trip to the store, you might want to call the to see what kind of stock they have in your size.

As far as determining your size, if I were you, I would take advantage of Suit Supply's free shipping/free returns to help figure out what size you wear in their stuff. Try to determine your size based on your own measurements (as others have said, jacket measurement will differ from your actual chest measurement) and then order a couple suits/jackets you like, and if they don't fit, return them. You can do research online to figure out more about how the stuff should fit and you can also get help from people on styleforum by posting pics.
That seems like a very smart suggestion.

Any opinion on these five? I ideally want one that can be used for business professional and I also want a navy/blue blazer for business casual.

http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/suits/washington-blue-plain/P3691I.html?start=4&cgid=Suits
http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/suit...ml?start=27&cgid=Suits&prefn1=size&prefv1=38S
http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/suits/napoli-grey-plain/P3457I.html?start=11&cgid=Suits
http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/suit...ml?start=11&cgid=Suits&prefn1=size&prefv1=36S
http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/jack...l?start=2&cgid=Jackets&prefn1=size&prefv1=36S

If it helps, here is a picture of me

http://imgur.com/VTpVShy

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I've seen some sizes return to being in stock for jackets, but who knows what the reason was. Could have just been returns.

Hordie

Reaction score
Anyone ever received an obviously used item from Suitsupply? My new jacket had unstitched vents and pocket, which was a bit strange, but "strange" turned to "disgutsting" when I found the sunglasses of the previous owner in the inner pocket. If you bought the pink Havana and want your glasses back, drop me a line.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
How nice are the sunglasses? Could be a bonus.

yjeezle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Anyone ever received an obviously used item from Suitsupply? My new jacket had unstitched vents and pocket, which was a bit strange, but "strange" turned to "disgutsting" when I found the sunglasses of the previous owner in the inner pocket. If you bought the pink Havana and want your glasses back, drop me a line.

i have.... i had something that looked like pocket lint all over some havanas i purchased... i sent those back hella fast.

MMoon24

Reaction score
Suit has been delayed once again. Though what should I be looking for in regards to the stitching to see if it's been used or not?

Sprezziamo

Reaction score

Sell the sunglasses on eBay and consider it a discount.

Anyway, it was probably an item that was exposed in one of their outlets (no stitching), and I can think about two explainations for the sunglasses: if they are SuitSupply as well, the entire outfit was probably on a mannequin, if they're not a customer probably tried the jacket on and forgot his glasses in it.

jimanchower

Reaction score

Suit has been delayed once again. Though what should I be looking for in regards to the stitching to see if it's been used or not?

Vents being unstitched is perfectly normal. A salesperson will often do it in the store if you're trying the suit on, so you can better see how it fits. An unstitched pocket is a little more curious, but I wouldn't sweat it.

Mr Engineer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
US Outlet site is back up
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

barely anything on the site though

Last edited:

n2pua

Reaction score
I'm just curious ......

Has anyone here actually purchased the La Spalla model ? Thoughts ?

Also, does anyone know about this Meer collection that's apparently in the NYC stores only ?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mercydcom