1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Suede Wingtip (under $200)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by keepsake89, Nov 16, 2015.

1. keepsake89

keepsake89 Well-Known Member

I'm looking for a pair of suede wingtips to wear with chinos. I've done a search and a lot of recommended shoes are no longer continued to order so I thought I'd make a new thread for current models. I'm hoping to spend less than $200 because I plan to wear them quite often (does that even make sense?).

Anyways, I've found some and was wondering which one you guys would suggest (why and why not).

Herring Reading
    $152
    http://www.herringshoes.co.uk/product-info.php?&shoeid=3064&colourid=1658&brandid=6
    [​IMG]

Herring Richmond
    $184
    http://www.herringshoes.co.uk/produ...9923&stype=1&selectedsizeid=3&selectedfitid=3
    [​IMG]

Loake 202 Brogue
    $152
    http://www.herringshoes.co.uk/product-info.php?&shoeid=4051&colourid=229&brandid=7
    [​IMG]

I'm in the U.S. so will ordering from this website work?

Edit: I just noticed the 1st pair aren't wingtips but are heavily brogued so they are in the same ball park enough.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2015
  2. manasdirge

manasdirge Well-Known Member

FAIK, herring offers worldwide shipping and I have heard some compliments regarding their services, so I would order from them if the quality/price is good.
    of course you have to know your size in they brands.
    from my very limited experience, loake capital last is a little roomier than EG 82 last in the same size, hope that help!

3. keepsake89

$150-$190 shoes with Goodyear welts.

Sounds pretty good. Anybody have experienced with their quality?

4. keepsake89

So I ordered the 3rd pair and it arrived yesterday. The toe is too round and the width is a bit wide so looking down at the show, it does not look as sleek as I like. So I am returning them. The quality seemed fine tho. Too bad it wasn't as narrow and sleek looking because I am quite skinny and wear tapered pants.

The hunt continues...
    Any other suggestion?