• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

***Story Et Fall Thread***

foiegras99

Reaction score
Mine came in yesterday. Got turned away at first by UPS who said I had to write a check or call in a payment for customs, but they came back later that night once my payment went through.

I am very impressed--initial impressions of quality and shape are excellent, and packaging was really well done. Feels significantly nicer than my tods chelseas which were 3x the price. Tight in the toes right now but should fit fine once they stretch.

46.5 for those with big feet wondering, pictured with slp destroyed

Death24xASecond

Reaction score
SeF continues to confuse me. Some pictures make the toebox look bulbous; others (like the above post) indicate they'd compare well with elegant, tapered lasts. I guess I'm just going to wait until the 40mm is released and order a pair to compare with the SLP Hedi 30s.

japejapejape

Reaction score
SeF continues to confuse me. Some pictures make the toebox look bulbous; others (like the above post) indicate they'd compare well with elegant, tapered lasts.
it might be the angle of the pictures that make the toe look bulbous but the true shape is represented accurately with the picture foiegras99 took. very sleek toe shape.

Last edited:

Bertdinner2

Reaction score

SeF continues to confuse me. Some pictures make the toebox look bulbous; others (like the above post) indicate they'd compare well with elegant, tapered lasts. I guess I'm just going to wait until the 40mm is released and order a pair to compare with the SLP Hedi 30s.
yea I own slp boots and SEF. The shape is very comparable but def sleeker on slp. However I wouldn't call them bulbous at all

YSR9

Reaction score

My pair of tan suede chelsea's finally came in. Important thing to note about anyone in Canada wanting to order, is I got hit with a big customs fee, around $80 CDN (around 60 USD). They weren't as slim as I was hoping for, but still a great pair.

Last edited:

kritios

Reaction score
If anyone is looking to skip the wait and get black suede Chelsea boots in size 40, check out my Grailed listing:

https://*****************/listings/264502

Unfortunately, I sized down too much, so I have to let these go. Only worn twice, so they're in nearly flawless condition. Cheaper than retail and I already paid the import duties.

msg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My pair of tan suede chelsea's finally came in. Important thing to note about anyone in Canada wanting to order, is I got hit with a big customs fee, around $80 CDN (around 60 USD). They weren't as slim as I was hoping for, but still a great pair.

This is obviously a filter, but is the color of the Chelseas tan? Or the walnut?

spenno

Reaction score
Can anyone explain what the difference is between choosing cropped jodhpurs over the normal jodhpurs when going for the slim/skinny silhouette through the ankle? It appears to me the ankle opening of the normal length jodhpurs is tight enough for most skinny denim to fit over the top and still rest at about buckle level, which looks very similar to just wearing the cropped version to begin with. Is it less of a fit thing and just a personal preference? Or maybe a comfort thing in terms of feeling less like a boot and more of a shoe?

I’m still looking into which skinny/slim denim will work for me when going for this look, and wanted to know what the rest of you thought when you made the decision to go cropped/full length.

vljasu

Reaction score

Can anyone explain what the difference is between choosing cropped jodhpurs over the normal jodhpurs when going for the slim/skinny silhouette through the ankle? It appears to me the ankle opening of the normal length jodhpurs is tight enough for most skinny denim to fit over the top and still rest at about buckle level, which looks very similar to just wearing the cropped version to begin with. Is it less of a fit thing and just a personal preference? Or maybe a comfort thing in terms of feeling less like a boot and more of a shoe?

I’m still looking into which skinny/slim denim will work for me when going for this look, and wanted to know what the rest of you thought when you made the decision to go cropped/full length. 

I have both ankle high in tan and cropped in walnut. in a way they have different looks depends on how you wear them. I personally like and suggest to wear skinny denim ( i wear 14cm's ) with it. The ankle high's give more of a boot look where as the cropped has different little things that sets it off. The pull tab, different/sleeker sole, it looks more feminine-ish. But i dig it. i love both of them. I suggest you look at the pictures and imagine urself wearing them and how you'd look to kind of make a decision, its all preference :)

Last edited:

Bertdinner2

Reaction score

you are right in that when worn, they both look very similar. I hate how ssometiimes you can see skin between jeans and cropped jods. I have the cropped ones in black, walnut, and tan. When the new suede colors come out I'm gonna get the regular jods in tobacco and grey

spenno

Reaction score
Quote: vljasu

Interesting, I hadn’t noticed there was difference in sole profile between the two, will keep an eye out for that to see which I might prefer.

I’m assuming it isn’t so drastic as to impact size considerations?

Last edited:

vljasu

Reaction score

Quote: vljasu

Interesting, I hadn’t noticed there was difference in sole profile between the two, will keep an eye out for that to see which I might prefer. 

I’m assuming it isn’t so drastic as to impact size considerations?

Yea i think its blake welted... Only thing i dont like is i can see glue stains between the sole and upper but doesnt really bother me.
I have a sz 41 on my tans and sized down .5 with my cropped cuz 41 was a tad big on me and they fit great.

Edit: here are pics if it helps.
[/IMG][/IMG]

Last edited:

spenno

Reaction score
Yea i think its blake welted... Only thing i dont like is i can see glue stains between the sole and upper but doesnt really bother me.
I have a sz 41 on my tans and sized down .5 with my cropped cuz 41 was a tad big on me and they fit great.

Edit: here are pics if it helps.
Super helpful! More nuance to the choice than I originally thought, glad I asked!

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackdaniels23d