• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

***Story Et Fall Thread***

Yemmyh

Reaction score
cheers.gif

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Would've taken a pic with the Lemaire boots I had too, but I sold them.

Anyway:

MMM / Loake / CDiem
SLP / SeF / MMM

MMM
SeF
SLP

I ordered a 41 in SeF, the MMM and SLP are 42's. I like a little wiggle room in my shoes. YMMV. I wear 42 in CP, 42.5 in MMM sneakers mostly. My 42 SLP sneakers are a little loose, same with my Raf vandals.

From what I can see, the jodphur and chelsea boots have a much better shape than the side zips.

Last edited:

j1000

Reaction score
For what it's worth, I almost got the tan side zips and asked Lian if they were a different last than the chelseas b/c they looked wider. He said the lasts are identical, but that the shaft on the chelseas has less material bc of the elastic. So, on foot, the two should look the same.

Aeth

Reaction score
Anyone hit with duties and tax in the UK/EU? Just recieved a bill of £54.44 on delivery, is this normal? I was under the impression because Story Et Fall was in the EU I would be exempt?

sosuke

Reaction score
For the people who ordered the cropped jodphurs , were you charged import duty? Usually when I buy things from Europe or Japan if they aren't over 200 you don't get charged, and the jodphurs are $186.

Last edited:

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Even if it's <$200 you can still get a seperate fee (usually from FedEx) for brokerage or whatever they call it.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Maybe it's "handling" then. I don't know, but point is that I often get bills from FedEx about 2 weeks after delivery even if I ordered something under $200. I feel like you should always expect additional fees when ordering internationally if you don't get any bills then take it as a bonus.

Bertdinner2

Reaction score

Maybe it's "handling" then. I don't know, but point is that I often get bills from FedEx about 2 weeks after delivery even if I ordered something under $200. I feel like you should always expect additional fees when ordering internationally if you don't get any bills then take it as a bonus.
yes I've gotten fedex fees of like 30$ after ordering the chelseas

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads