• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

spring / summer scents . . .

Ivan Kipling

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've just discovered a 'new' fragrance, for spring: Dunhill Edition:
Fresh, Lavender, Woody. Dunhill Edition Created by Alfred Dunhill was introduced in 1984. The top note of bergamot, lemon,lavender rosemary and galbanum develops into a middle note of coriander, nutmeg, basil, cardamon and dries down to a base note made up of sandalwood, cedarwood, vetiver, amber and musk. Dunhill Edition has a warm, woody, spicy character.

Energetic, bracing and complex. Another one I like, for spring: Ricci Club.
What are some of your favorite warm weather fragrances?

joshua_robert

Reaction score
I have Armani White. I really like the scent and it isn't too overpowering.

EMPORIO ARMANI WHITE incorporates vibrant notes of bergamot, lemon, mandarin are freshened by thyme and rosemary to create this masculine scent. This is a Romantic type of fragrance.

Maharlika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like Christian Dior's Eau Sauvage and Serge Luten's Gris Clair. Both reminds me of spring-- the latter being more complex.

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe I should try Duhill Edition. I just started exploring fragrances within the past ~4 months and find I gravitate toward scents that combine lavender and wood/tonka.

For spring/summer, though, I'm wearing Creed Himalaya, Terre d'Hermes, and YSL Live Jazz.

Ivan Kipling

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maharlika . . . I wore Eau Sauvage for 22 years, as a signature. I think it's one of the all time greats. After fragrance fatigue set in, I switched to Signoricci. I think I like that one, even more. Has woods at the base. A little less abstract than 'Sauvage. On me, Signoricci lasts longer.
thinman, I think you'll like dunhill edition . . . it's different, but traditional.
jushua_robert . . . Armani is still my favorite designer for men. But I've never been able to get into his fragrances. I'll get a whiff of this one, next time I'm at a fragrance counter. btw: my mother used to love the original Armani for women. Very hard to find, these days.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
It probably smells cheap to more sophisticated noses, but I really like Mugler Cologne. I will have to get a bottle of it for this summer. It's not complex, but it puts me in a good mood.

sloaney

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ivan Kipling
I've just discovered a 'new' fragrance, for spring: Dunhill Edition:
Classic scent. What my dad used to wear when I was little. Sadly my mum steered him to Burberry recently!

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
It probably smells cheap to more sophisticated noses, but I really like Mugler Cologne. I will have to get a bottle of it for this summer. It's not complex, but it puts me in a good mood.

Mugler Cologne is actually highly regarded on basenotes, but I find it almost indistinguishable on me. I guess that's why some people like it, though! It's "clean" or "fresh".

Ivan Kipling

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thinman . . . have you worn Eau des Merveilles? That's nice for summer, as well. Another one I really like, is Dior Eau Fraiche. Mandarin, rosewood, honey, oakmoss. Very sophisticated. I tried Terre d'Hermes, but it didn't last on me, at all. If you enjoy Creed fragrances, you might want to try Green Valley. Very different. Either you'll love it, or hate it.
Anyone familiar with L'Homme? I've tried it a few times . . . not bad, but struck me as unexciting.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have something called Vert de Regence which is nice, but rather fleeting.

Regence de Paris is also the house that makes the rare and musky Kolnisch Juchten.

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ivan Kipling
thinman . . . have you worn Eau des Merveilles? That's nice for summer, as well. Another one I really like, is Dior Eau Fraiche. Mandarin, rosewood, honey, oakmoss. Very sophisticated. I tried Terre d'Hermes, but it didn't last on me, at all. If you enjoy Creed fragrances, you might want to try Green Valley. Very different. Either you'll love it, or hate it. Anyone familiar with L'Homme? I've tried it a few times . . . not bad, but struck me as unexciting.
No, I've never heard of Eau des Merveilles, but I'll look for it. Of the Creed fragrances I've sampled, the only ones I really like enough to buy are Himalaya and, surprisingly, Bois du Portugal (but not for Summer). I've never heard of Creed Green Valley and had to go to basenotes to verify that it even exists! From the reviews, it looks like I need to find a sample. Thanks for the suggestions!

Andrew V.

Reaction score
I'm surprised that no one has mentioned Acqua di Parma yet.

I love L'Occitane-en-Provence's herbal, aromatic scents, especially for summer. My favorite is Eau de l'Occitan. I also have Eau des Quatre Voleurs and Cade.

Ivan Kipling

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
di Parma was one of Cary Grant's favorites, I believe. That, and Green Irish Tweed.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I have Acqua di Parma but it only lasts a couple of hours at best on me. I'd like to get the Colonia Assoluta version that's more concentrated though, because I like the scent.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads