• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dangaa

Reaction score
Whats the consensus on the Guabello high-rise. I typically wear slims, are these cut slimmer than normal? Size guide looks the same other than the rise.

gianm

Reaction score
Grabbed my flannel trousers. Think I will wait on the jacket. Not entirely sure I want the full suit yet.

Spex

Reaction score
Thankfully, 38L wasn’t made last year, so I don’t think this order can get messed up (I ordered last night, and it went OOS today, but I already have a tracking number), but it’s pretty irritating honestly. Even if the fit were fine and the color matched, the one this year is still $20 more expensive, so it’s not an even swap.

Actually last year’s flannel sport coats have been on sale for $299 CAD for a while now, vs the new Neo version at $428 CAD, so not even close.

This might be good news for me, as I prefer the non-Neo fit. Maybe they still have jackets kicking around in my size...

Thilgela

Reaction score
welp, hate to pile on, but...

I went ahead and ordered the 38L jacket for the gray today. When I got home I tried on the 38R again to see how bad the length was, and I noticed that it seemed like a different fit than I was used to with Neo. Then I noticed the two buttons. Same as you guys, apparently there’s still 2018 jackets floating around:
View attachment 1274326
View attachment 1274327

Thankfully, 38L wasn’t made last year, so I don’t think this order can get messed up (I ordered last night, and it went OOS today, but I already have a tracking number), but it’s pretty irritating honestly. Even if the fit were fine and the color matched, the one this year is still $20 more expensive, so it’s not an even swap.

Have to agree on the covert trousers sizing. When i got them hemmed, and tried on without socks, the slimness is not evident. First wear with OTC socks today and it’s way too slim for compare to my other trousers in the same fit/size.

nqtri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last year's VBC navy flannel seems to be getting some surprise attention so here another one. Paired with VBC's houndstooth flannel trousers.

Wrenkin

Reaction score
Any idea when the Balmacaan is shipping? Getting a little impatient after seeing it on Instagram.

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have to agree on the covert trousers sizing. When i got them hemmed, and tried on without socks, the slimness is not evident. First wear with OTC socks today and it’s way too slim for compare to my other trousers in the same fit/size.

I showed my tailor a picture- when I pick up my BG flannels and the pants from my peak lapel next week, I’m having the coverts hemmed and widened as much as I can.

kerouacbum

Reaction score
Most definitely. Source: The size 28 chinos from FW19 fit like yoga pants in size 26. I popped the button off so many times...In contrast, everything else in size 28 fits very well.

This is aggravating. I got chinos in SS18 in 35 Contemporary that fit great, but then the FW18 the fit completely changed, where I needed a 36 Contemporary to be able to button the waist. Then the lightweight chinos for SS19 were back to the old fit. Now it sounds like the FW19 fit is changed yet again. Some consistency would seem to be in order.

VeritasAequitas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello All! Does anyone have pics of the Navy core suit and/or the Drago brown Prince of Wales check suit in the wild? Thanks!

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone pick up the parka yet? I am curious how it looks without the hood and thoughts on if the hand warmer pockets are way too high.

View attachment 1274449

I don’t have the parka, but the handwarmer pocket height looks comparable to the ones on my Barbour Beaufort

Saw this while scrolling through Instagram. Interesting to see this fabric in a different jacket style.
Not a fan of the peak lapels on that one though, seems incongruous with the casual nature of the fabric. I think S&M knocked it out of the park on the Neo styling

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads