• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sellidor

Reaction score
Wondering about sizing since I live in Europe--I wear a size 44 in Suit Supply's Havana fit, which is nearly perfect (slightly tight OTR when I button the jacket). I suspect I'd be a 36 slim at S&M. How do the sleeves compare? I have pretty thin arms!

dapperclassic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just back tracking through the thread, it was said that the Moon light brown tweed didn't photo accurately on the website.

How close is it to the Moon donegal Oatmeal, would it make a good substitute for those of us that missed out?

Any photos of the two next to each other would be super helpful.

tennessee

Reaction score
Wondering about sizing since I live in Europe--I wear a size 44 in Suit Supply's Havana fit, which is nearly perfect (slightly tight OTR when I button the jacket). I suspect I'd be a 36 slim at S&M. How do the sleeves compare? I have pretty thin arms!
I would order a 44 Slim in S&M. Going from a 44 to a 36 is the equivalent of going from an XL to an XS.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

We have some 34's, but a 36 slim should work as well, just keep in mind the shoulder will be a touch wider by 1 cm.

Reaction score
Teal Barleycorn Polo coat:

Are the sleeves long enough?

Superfluous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if anyone cares, but I thought I'd give my 2 cents on Spier & Mackay. Overall, amazing value. From polos and chinos to trousers and sport coats, it's the best value items I've found.

Polos: Very happy, great price. Loading up on these.

Sweaters: Very happy, great price. Loading up on these.

Shirts: Very happy, great price, great options in sizing. I've now ordered all of the designs I like and now just waiting for some new designs.

Trousers: Good value, good cut (still trying to figure out my ideal sizing), great selection of staples. Hoping to see some more non-staples too. Plan to buy a bunch of their pants.

Sport Coat: This is where things are a bit trickier for me. Not only am I a 38L, which is hard to find, but I'm very particular about the shoulder. The shoulder is VERY natural, and in my opinion, too natural. I like some roping/rollino on the shoulders to give it some more structured look. The rest of the jacket is great (although I could use a smaller armhole), especially the Neapolitan style with the lapels. I'd love to see the Neapolitan style with a pleated rollino shoulder. SuitSupply actually has a "pleated shoulder" that I'm a big fan of, but it's very rarely used on their models.

Overall, I really like what Spier & Mackay are doing. Not only do I plan to buy more, but I've also shared it with many friends. I imagine most of my future purchases will be either from S&M or SuitSupply.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads