• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TheVirt

Reaction score
Pre-tailoring pics. Couldn't wait to get some wear on this. I'll probably take it in a bit in the upper back and let it out some in the waist/lower back area since I went for a slim over a contemp given the pattern changes since S/S 2019. As well as letting it out in the sleeve (the sleeves on this shirt are a bit short).

IMG_4526.jpg

TheVirt

Reaction score
There were pattern changes? What got altered?
As far as I understand, the contemporary is slightly larger than before and the armholes are a bit lower. But this is a change from F/W 2018 to S/S 2019, F/W 2019 should be as S/S 2019 was. Also, this is only anecdotal stuff I've heard from friends and I don't have numbers on me, but its enough of a change that I was between a slim and contemporary in terms of fit in S/S 2018 and come F/W 2019 (this season) I'm solidly a slim.

ElliotG

Reaction score
As far as I understand, the contemporary is slightly larger than before and the armholes are a bit lower. But this is a change from F/W 2018 to S/S 2019, F/W 2019 should be as S/S 2019 was. Also, this is only anecdotal stuff I've heard from friends and I don't have numbers on me, but its enough of a change that I was between a slim and contemporary in terms of fit in S/S 2018 and come F/W 2019 (this season) I'm solidly a slim.

Are the trousers looser too?

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@spiermackay curious about the fit of the DB suit jacket. Is it the same as the fit of the same size 2 button SC, is it closer to the fit of a neo SC, or is it different from both?

Gabru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. I honestly don't want something that goes below my knees though. Aside from the looks on me, I just simply don't need that type of coverage down here in the south. If it's at or above the knee then I'm good.
Have the burgundy polo coat from this year in 40R ( same as my neo jacket size), it just hits me at the knee ( 5’10” height). Like you I don’t like when the overcoat goes below the knee, so I am pretty happy with the length and fit

gianm

Reaction score

Interesting. The tobacco linen was my first S&M piece. The contemporary fit is quite relaxed. I don't think I'd size down to a slim though.i might be inclined to try the slim going forward though.

Reaction score
Have the burgundy polo coat from this year in 40R ( same as my neo jacket size), it just hits me at the knee ( 5’10” height). Like you I don’t like when the overcoat goes below the knee, so I am pretty happy with the length and fit

This lines up with my experience. I'm 6'0", 180lbs, and my 38R polo coat from this year hits just above my knee.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@spiermackay curious about the fit of the DB suit jacket. Is it the same as the fit of the same size 2 button SC, is it closer to the fit of a neo SC, or is it different from both?

Order your same size as your normally would in the standard suit cut.

Superfluous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads