• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

preid

Reaction score
Anyone feeling like they missed out on 40L E Thomas Glen Check + 40L Navy Minnis Fresco should shoot me a PM. Glen Check doesn't work and Navy Fresco arrives today. Expecting the same results.

All my bike racing has made me quite the awkward size. 6'4", 165lbs. Need a Slim 38L. MTO it is.

Raw

Reaction score
Anyone pick up the linen pants? Thinking about getting the Cigar linen and cream linen. I'm getting married in June in the DR and they're having an all white party first day we land. Cream isn't quite white but close enough.
I picked up a bunch of different colors of the linen pants including a pair of the cream ones. Still waiting for a shipping notice so fingers crossed.

Don L

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is the Solaro that came back from the photographer today colour corrected. You can see it's not as saturated as before. This is pretty close to the real deal. Keeping in mind your monitor or device is colour balanced as well.

Will try to get outdoor IRL pics in a day or so.

View attachment 1167466 View attachment 1167467
That is pretty accurate. Tried to capture the essence of the Solaro in these shots

CFB7D7EC-A879-469F-AB64-37753858ECCC.jpeg

C6026D44-DFB6-431F-9A5A-B13286D9E4FB.jpeg

Last edited:

bnd6xc

Reaction score
Anyone feeling like they missed out on 40L E Thomas Glen Check + 40L Navy Minnis Fresco should shoot me a PM. Glen Check doesn't work and Navy Fresco arrives today. Expecting the same results.

All my bike racing has made me quite the awkward size. 6'4", 165lbs. Need a Slim 38L. MTO it is.
Interested in these but too few posts to PM. Here's to one closer...

Don L

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For those who purchased and received the Solaro, what is the verdict so far?
Just dropped my pants off to be hemmed but I really like it. Not quite the same as the original SOlaro fabric from Smith & Woolens or the Loro Piana that Tim posted but for a lightweight Summer wool suit it is pretty sweet. The herringbone pattern is subtle and it has a great hand.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads