• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Would you consider this a full S&M outfit? Just the square and socks are not S&M

090419.jpg

SJR3

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Sportcoats have 0.5 cm wider lapels.

This is really confusing. Has this always been the case? You said earlier that lapel size has increased 0.5 cm across the board this season. Is that true for sportcoats and suits? What about the Neapolitan cut? Are Neo sportcoat lapels 0.5 cm wider than Neo suit lapels? Did they (both?) increase this season as well? You've also stated before that Neo lapels are only 0.5 cm wider than standard lapels. Does this apply to suits and sportcoats? If the standard sportcoat lapels were increased by 0.5 cm, are they now the same width as Neo lapels? What about Neo vs. standard suits? Also, has the negative belly of the Neo lapels gone away? The website images for the latest Neapolitan sportcoats look like they have straight cut lapels (which is a plus for me, as I prefer straight lapels to the negative belly.)

Last edited:

Szeen

Reaction score
Sent an email to both info and service inbox last week but haven't received any response. Just want to ensure my order is correct

Jamesbond1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else had a squeaking issue from their S&M shoes? One of my pair is squeaking from what seems to be the mid foot of the sole. Any thoughts on fixing this? Would a cobbler need to remove the sole to do something about it?
I do not own any shoes yet from S&M but out of the dozen or so Crockett & Jones I posses a couple of them do squeak from time to time. It comes and goes on my pairs. Baby powder might help!

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Has anyone else had a squeaking issue from their S&M shoes? One of my pair is squeaking from what seems to be the mid foot of the sole. Any thoughts on fixing this? Would a cobbler need to remove the sole to do something about it?
Is it a squeak or a creak? What movement causes it?

It's possible the shank needs to be reset.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads