• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

up1911fan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Since we're showing our jackets..... The 3 on the right are suits. 2 more sport coats inbound.

20181230_160923.jpg

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yo, you guys don't put them in suit bags/covers?

I actual do for my S&M stuff since they come with bags, I also keep all of my tweed jackets in bags (i feel like that’s more suceptible to damage than linen or cotton). I just pulled the bags for the pic.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Since were showing off our S&M collection here is mine. Sport coats only.

View attachment 1098014

S&M sport coats. The two on the far right are technically suits (wool/linen check) but they get broken up enough to qualify.

View attachment 1098031

Much smaller collection than the rest of you, but still was able to overhaul (read: replace) my suit collection in a short amount of time, not to mention add two items I’d been wanting for a long time at a great price (camelhair sportcoat and DB camel overcoat):
View attachment 1098053
L to R: mid gray VBC Neo, charcoal VBC Neo, “bright” navy Guabello 130s, Dino Filarte PoW, Amicale baby camelhair, DB overcoat

Since we're showing our jackets..... The 3 on the right are suits. 2 more sport coats inbound.

View attachment 1098089

awesome guys!

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have 2 cats in my house. Without suit bags my jackets would be frosted with feline fur.

Same, we have 3. I was in flannel pajamas all weekend and, though I just washed them Friday, they’re already back in the laundry because of the amount of cat hair they’ve acquired. The bad part is one is white, one is orange, and one is calico (with lots of white), so the hair is definitely visible.

I mean, I guess that means they like me (they’ve been taking shifts in my lap all weekend), but still

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My cats aren't allowed in my closet. :D

Oh, my closet door stays absolutely shut at all times. I have a 3-tiered shoe rack lining each wall and a not-insignificant amount invested in footwear, and one of my cats has a tendency to want to investigate interesting stuff (like shoelaces or tassels) with his claws. Same thing with my hanging ties, belts, etc

Identity Crisis

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience of the 16 ESF vs the 15.5 slim fit? I wear the 16 ESF but the collars are too big and although the 1” difference in the chest doesn’t seem like much the ESF is cutting it close for me.

On the other hand, anyone have any luck/tips on shrinking just the collar of a shirt?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads