• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of the Chalkstripe, is there a difference in cloth between the S&M suit and this one https://therake.com/orazio-luciano-grey-chalk-stripe-vbc-flannel-wool-two-piece-suit.html

and if so, how can one cost $470 and one $2900?

Guys, we have to stop the “why does this cost this vs that cost that” topic.

Things cost what they do for a. multitude of reasons. We need to accept or reject that items worth based on personal perception, value prop, or desire.

Thilgela

Reaction score

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

kczsilence

Reaction score
Interesting. I also just bought my first OCBD from SM in the same size (15/33 slim) but I’m smaller than you and found it too loose. I’m 5’8” at 135lbs. I typically wear 15/32.33 in Kamakura’s Tokyo slim fit which fits me great.

5'9 about 145 now. At 165 to 170lbs 16 slim was a perfect fit. Currently at 145 to 150, 15.5 slim works but neck is better at 16, everywhere else 15.5 works better. Basically means mtm at some point or just don't button the top button. Typically wear medium in most other non sizing brands for casual shirts.

gavrarabba

Reaction score
Guys, we have to stop the “why does this cost this vs that cost that” topic.

Things cost what they do for a. multitude of reasons. We need to accept or reject that items worth based on personal perception, value prop, or desire.
OK, I see your point. I was expecting someone to say it's not the same cloth.

hookem12387

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, I expect the answer is "hell no" but thought it worth asking - anyone confirm that we cannot get a price adjustment for something ordered before the black friday/monday sale but not yet delivered? AGain, I don't expect this but thought I'd ask

Spex

Reaction score
Anyone have personal pics of the Blue Mix Texture suit?
This is the one with flap pockets (not patch).

https://www.spierandmackay.com/blue-mix-texture.html

I don’t have pics, but I saw the trousers hanging on a rack at the store and asked what they were from. If I hadn’t already bought a new blue suit this year I would have bought this. Great looking fabric and the unstructured, patch pocket jacket would make for a decent odd jacket.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
So my first foray into S&M oxfords did not go well sizewise. I typically wear slim mediums or 15 in neck sizing in most brands, but the 15/33 slim OCBD was way tight. Anyone have any guidance re: sizing for someone who's about 5'10" and some change and 155ish? Probably just going to order 15.5/34 now before they sell out, but half considering going all the way up to 16/34....

What fit did you buy? What are your chest/waist measurements?

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I thought that the flannel pin-stripe suits would be flying off the shelves on black friday. Did anybody purchase?

This is why I have to be careful of the group think. If you recall when this was initially discussed how many guys were super gung ho about a Neapolitan flannel Chalk stripe. That enthusiasm didn't translate into sales. It's a beautiful suit.

hookem12387

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is why I have to be careful of the group think. If you recall when this was initially discussed how many guys were super gung ho about a Neapolitan flannel Chalk stripe. That enthusiasm didn't translate into sales. It's a beautiful suit.
Funny, i assume everyone here did. I definitely ordered on day 1 because of that. Oh well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads