• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Contango

Reaction score
I'm also waiting on a reply from the shipping manager regarding placing an international order.
Same! It took four emails (and a post in here) just to get a response that they would pass my message on to the shipping team, but nothing further has been received.

I’m trying long really hard to give them my business (based in large part on this thread), but they’re not making it easy!

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Can anyone comment on the sizing of the new linen popovers for this year?

I remember having sizing issues last year because they were cut differently than the traditional contemporary/slim sizing guide.

Last year they were cut the same as the size guide, which didn't give enough room to comfortably pull it over your head. This season, they have the extra inch in the chest/waist/hip.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
To add my say, I do 100% agree that MTM with SM is very inconsistent with certain requests often being completely overlooked. It's a work in progress.

For me, at least, Luxire is better at accommodating the requests that I make, but since I live in Toronto, I have the benefit of being able to peruse fabrics and getting measured in-person via SM.

It is a work in progress when it comes to special requests. It's something that a good majority of MTM companies will shy away from simply because of this reason. I'm pretty sure Propercloth does not accommodate and their business is humming along just fine. Luxie has an advantage as you are communicating directly with the factory itself. With us, at the moment, you communicate to someone in our shop or online. That then gets translated again via our MTM manager, then again once it reaches the factory. Any bump in the chain and you get something that may not be 100%. That said, we're looking at how to better improve this. I'm not defending this in any way, we can do better and believe me we are working hard with the factory to ensure clearer communication and proper interpretation of measurement points and requests.

XWT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've had both positive and not-so-positive experiences with the logictics and transactional aspects when ordering from Spier and MacKay (OTR) but there is praise to give where praise is due: you appear to work very hard towards embetterment and you never seem to put saving face in front of serving your customers.

AntiHero84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did anyone else see the casual oxfords pop up on MassDrop? Can anyone speak to the comparison between the dress shirt OCBD versus the casual OCBD?

I know that the casual is a little shorter, but I though that the slim fit was already a bit shorter than the contemporary fit.

I already own quite a few slim fit dress shirts in a size 16 (before the multiple sleeve lengths). I'd love to stock up, but I'm just nervous about how they'll fit.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Yup, same here. 6'/205#/44" chest and the XL polo is almost silly long. Dropping all of them at tailor tomorrow for hemming, which feels ridiculous but I can't stand the length.

I would suggest washing and drying them first in warm water and warm dryer. They are cut to shrink. Pique is notorious for shrinkage because of the open weave. These will Shrink 5%. Which means after warm wash/dryer, they will lose almost 1.5".

If we were to cut them near perfect pre-wash, and considering that most people are not going to baby their polo shirts and will wash them in warm water and toss them in the dryer, then post wash, they will be too short and then we'll get blamed for making a "terrible quality" polo.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Did anyone else see the casual oxfords pop up on MassDrop? Can anyone speak to the comparison between the dress shirt OCBD versus the casual OCBD?

I know that the casual is a little shorter, but I though that the slim fit was already a bit shorter than the contemporary fit.

I already own quite a few slim fit dress shirts in a size 16 (before the multiple sleeve lengths). I'd love to stock up, but I'm just nervous about how they'll fit.

These are Alpha sized and a Massdrop Exclusive. We don't stock these. Follow the size chart. The collars/cuffs are completely unlined. The back has a box pleat and locker loop. The back of the collar has a button. More of a traditional oxford, and a bit shorter to wear better untucked.

cp3

Reaction score
Pretty clean fit in the front for the Neapolitan but some issues with the back. No real bump behind collar but some pulling, probably exacerbated by uneven shoulders.

Can this be resolved by letting out the back seam or am I looking at more major surgery?

IMG_5627.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads