• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Any summer casual shirts coming down the pipe RTW?

Just some popovers. And not too many at that.

Any particular casuals you guys want to see down the road? Seersucker? More Madras? Lightweight Chambray/Oxfords? Cotton/Linen?

What styles? Short Sleeves? Band Collars? Popovers? One Piece Collars?

Last edited:

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@spiermackay, since things get buried in this thread so fast - any update on timing for the Minnis tobacco trousers?

Trying for end of this month. But not getting any clear idea from the factory. Our agent has visited them multiple times and it's moving really slowly through production. They have cut and started, but not finished the sewing yet. Until the pieces are out of the machines, I can't get a solid time.

DFWWingnut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Any particular casuals you guys want to see down the road? Seersucker? More Madras? Lightweight Chambray/Oxfords? Cotton/Linen?

I was eyeing some of the seersucker shirts from PC the other day. Those of us down here where it's already in the 90's would appreciate them.

nqtri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

will the popover be in extra slim as well?

I'll be into some mandras and chambray or cotton/linen maybe in popover or long sleeve button down.

As for one piece collar, is it the same idea as capri collar from epaulet?

Last edited:

tnjed

Reaction score
Seersucker would be nice. I like that madras number that @Burzan was wearing from a few seasons back. I really liked the series of madras that came out that season.

AntiHero84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This has been what I've been looking for recently. Oxfords are good -- any update on the restock?

I've always loved the Madras that S&M would do -- usually picked up one each season. Chambray is good. Maybe more subtle patterns, like pindot? Herringbone? Something similar? I've been looking for some more short sleeved items for the summer, again casual with a pattern. (Not the Michael Douglas Falling Down variety.)

AntiHero84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Question for the guys interested in the sweatshirt/hoodie program we're working on.

Do you prefer a nice midweight terry that's ideal for layering or a heavier weight that is a bit thicker/warmer? I'm leaning to a midweight that is better for layering and not too bulky.

The sample we developed is a 330 gsm, that works great as a layer and will work in spring/fall, and still good as a layer. Or we can change to a thicker 380 gsm that is on the warmer side that can work better on it's own for the cooler fall evenings.

We're looking to roll these out September-ish

I'm leaning more toward heavier weight, but I'd be happy with midweight too. I like sweatshirts that feel like they have a little body to them, so they're not too floppy like a long sleeved t-shirt or something. Just my two cents.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Dare I bring up the speckled chambray... :drool:

Id love to see some earthy toned bleeding madras, even if it's just one or two, but the colors need to be right. These from Leith come to mind.

indigo_folded_small_1024x1024.jpg
olive_folded_small_1024x1024.jpg

Oh and a bold stripe linen like that Albini from Tim's IG. I think an affordable RTW of that would be great. Second row down.

9071BD1A-92E7-40F1-8F99-F67532783BC9.jpeg

Ezio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The 38C pants are out of stock, so I canceled my green jacket/trousers order. If they end up getting a return in my sizes, they'll call me, but I didn't want to get a slim size since the 38C pants fit so well in the thighs and seat as it is.

SM should probably get a new ERP system or something to keep the website better updated in terms of what's actually in stock. The service and product is still great, but these kind of technical issues are such a headache for the business and the customer.

RickyTakhar

Reaction score

For sure one piece collars Rick, would love to see some mid weight oxford cloth and denim in one piece collars.

232362_dee018d9096c493080cb1a9890ac9580~mv2.webp

varsityreds0123

Reaction score

Please consider doing some formal shirts with a one-piece collar.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads