• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
cutaway polo looks super awesome.
i'm leaning toward white. i'm guessing it's pretty opaque so it's not see-through at all? that's always my biggest worry with white polos.

I think it's the same fabric as last run, so not see through from my experience.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
It's been summer in Louisiana for a couple weeks now. But, that doesn't mean I dress like Dwight Schrute...
IMO LS versions are more versatile; as you don't need summer to wear it.
JbC7BWB.jpg

Touche on the Schrute! We have to make what we can sell in a decent volume and during the warm weather, I'm not confident enough to bring these in. We are working on them for fall though. Soo..

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
sweet thanks. i'd probably size up on white, but do my normal size for darker colors since they're more forgiving, and polos tend to stretch throughout the day as you wear them.

They ran a bit slim last time so I wear a large, and a 40 slim jacket.

sentry

Reaction score
How slim are the polos? I'm a 36 in the sportcoats and size small for the sweaters. Should I buy smalls? I have an athletic cut if that matters.

Also were there any pictures posted earlier in the thread? I'm 15 pages back already and haven't seen any yet.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How slim are the polos? I'm a 36 in the sportcoats and size small for the sweaters. Should I buy smalls? I have an athletic cut if that matters.

Also were there any pictures posted earlier in the thread? I'm 15 pages back already and haven't seen any yet.

I'm a 40 slim jacket, somewhat athletic and wear a large. I think try the small if these new ones are sized the same as previous.

I don't think much exists for pics on the polos on their own here, I post them a lot under jackets though. These pics are me in mediums in the old version, I since changed to larges for more room.

sandm-polo-duo.jpg

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey old news on the washed denim shirts, but fyi:
I just bleached a mid-wash denim shirt (from propercloth) successfully and wrote a post about how I did it on my blog (link in signature). In case any of you were on the fence about the washed denim shirts SM is selling because you were looking for a slightly lighter wash.
the process isn't scary at all (well it is, but it is easy to get it right).

sentry

Reaction score
I'm a 40 slim jacket, somewhat athletic and wear a large. I think try the small if these new ones are sized the same as previous.

I don't think much exists for pics on the polos on their own here, I post them a lot under jackets though. These pics are me in mediums in the old version, I since changed to larges for more room.

sandm-polo-duo.jpg

Those are mediums? I'll definitely go small then.

I'm mainly trying to compare the collars - I haven't really seen polos with cutaway collars so not sure what to expect.

AntiHero84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is there any chance that there will be some more Madras this Spring/Summer season?

Also, I noticed that some of the sizes sold out of the recent batch of OCBDs... will there be a restock?

hms056

Reaction score
Question for you all- My shoulders are 18.5 and chest is 40. Will the shoulders be too narrow on the 40 jacket? I have a feeling the 42 will definitely be too big in the chest and upper waist...

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No Madras this year. Yes, we will be restocking the OCBD. What colour/size?

Wow, it's been a steady three years that you've had them iirc, must not have sold well last year. I always loved the madras, I have a few older ones that are amazing.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads