• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

thseremet

Reaction score
I need your help with sizing! I am about 189 cm, 92 kg and wearing a 42r sport coat. I think the fit is well overall, but I am a bit concerned about the length (it does not completely cover my rear). I measured the length, and it is about 76 cm, but according to the size chart, it should be 78 cm. So maybe it is also in the shorter end of the size tolerences, and another jacket in 42r might be slighty longer. But my question is, would a 42L be better? (which should be about 80 cm). Thanks!

img_0167-png.2084661
IMG_0169 (1).png
IMG_0170.png

Attachments

• IMG_0166.png
    IMG_0166.png
    631.2 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_0167.png
    IMG_0167.png
    607.2 KB · Views: 496
  • IMG_0168 (6).png
    IMG_0168 (6).png
    749.8 KB · Views: 96

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Go 42L. Looking at your sleeves, you'll have to alter their length anyway.

A12321

Reaction score
I need your help with sizing! I am about 189 cm, 92 kg and wearing a 42r sport coat. I think the fit is well overall, but I am a bit concerned about the length (it does not completely cover my rear). I measured the length, and it is about 76 cm, but according to the size chart, it should be 78 cm. So maybe it is also in the shorter end of the size tolerences, and another jacket in 42r might be slighty longer. But my question is, would a 42L be better? (which should be about 80 cm). Thanks!
I have somewhat the same issue. I'm in between sizes on their Neo cut and the length is a sore point. If I go S, then the length is 1-1.5cm shorter than their listed length. If I go R, the length is 1.5cm longer than their listed length. I got lucky last season where I got 2 Neo Cuts in S that were 1cm longer than their listed length and kept them because the proportions looked right. Not having the same luck this season.

BlueSteel

Reaction score

img_0167-png.2084661
View attachment 2084665 View attachment 2084667

I think at your height the 42L makes sense. I am 183cm with a slightly longer upper body - and shorter legs. I buy S&M sportcoats/blazers in L.

The sleeves in the L are much too long for me, but I get them tailored (and would need tailoring in any case, as I get the sleeves altered to be slightly different lengths to offset a dropped shoulder on one side).

twuthetiger

Reaction score

Torzano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Love the denim shirts but anytime I buy one they always get ring around the collar much quicker than a regular dress shirt and look bad with the fading. Would that happen less if I got them dry cleaned instead of putting them in the wash?

Blondie87

Reaction score
Anyone have anything made with the blue herringbone Harris Tweed? Looks like it’s a mix of blue and black… not sure if it would go ok with brown buttons and other khaki/brown shade trousers. I’m assuming at a distance it just looks like a navy jacket but wanted to see if there were any real life examples

Attachments

• IMG_9241.png
    IMG_9241.png
    619.7 KB · Views: 262

Rhodia

Reaction score
Love the denim shirts but anytime I buy one they always get ring around the collar much quicker than a regular dress shirt and look bad with the fading. Would that happen less if I got them dry cleaned instead of putting them in the wash?
Perhaps. But then you'd introduce new problems, such as cost, time, and general wear from too much dry cleaning.

Collar stains will happen eventually (and SM's denim may not be the most robust to stave off fading). Washing as soon as possible after wearing helps. I used to use the Laundress Stain Bar from J Crew until it was discontinued. It actually worked.

Currently started using aforementioned brand's Stain Solution as a replacement. Will report back.

1st Step

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I Use A Lil Baby (talcum) Powder Around My Neck Before Wearing, It Helps And You Look And Smell Fresh! Women, They Love To Come Up And Dust You Off A Little, It's Happened! :cool: :cool: :cool:

Click821

Reaction score
What do you guys wear in peacoats? I fit well into a 38r slim for the neo cut. I was grabbing same 38 in the peacoat

iamconscience

Reaction score
I was hoping someone could please help me out. S&M has two lines of suits that appear identical in terms of fabric, canvassing, fit, color, etc., but one is slightly more expensive:

1. https://www.spierandmackay.com/product/navy-7684-ns01-nt01
2. https://www.spierandmackay.com/product/navy--10005-00134-nsnt-ss23-111

Does anyone know the difference between these two?

Also, I was wondering if anyone has tried S&M's Dark Navy suits? What's it like? Is it too close to black. Thank you in advance for the help!

CLH03

Reaction score
I was hoping someone could please help me out. S&M has two lines of suits that appear identical in terms of fabric, canvassing, fit, color, etc., but one is slightly more expensive:

1. https://www.spierandmackay.com/product/navy-7684-ns01-nt01
2. https://www.spierandmackay.com/product/navy--10005-00134-nsnt-ss23-111

Does anyone know the difference between these two?

Also, I was wondering if anyone has tried S&M's Dark Navy suits? What's it like? Is it too close to black. Thank you in advance for the help!
Just buy the Neo cut and pay the extra money.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AsleyJaron