• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WoolyLamb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Makes sense. I just emailed the local store and I got a reply rapidly so looks like the email works. I am just a customer of Rick for many years as you guys. I want the brand to flourish and work out their issues
I think we all do. Covid has thrown a big wrench for all in the classic menswear industry. So i can understand not knowing what do to and plan for.

Blondie87

Reaction score
Has anyone had any MTO deliveries recently? I had a suit made and it was sent to me directly from China, the past MTO sportcoats I’ve had made went to Spier first to check and then was sent to me. Everything seems fine with the suit but since it came directly to me I couldn’t have UPS hold it for me at a different location which caused a little pain since I was away from home. Either way just wanted to see if they’ve changed things with how MTO gets delivered.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had any MTO deliveries recently? I had a suit made and it was sent to me directly from China, the past MTO sportcoats I’ve had made went to Spier first to check and then was sent to me. Everything seems fine with the suit but since it came directly to me I couldn’t have UPS hold it for me at a different location which caused a little pain since I was away from home. Either way just wanted to see if they’ve changed things with how MTO gets delivered.
If it came directly from the factory, there should be a paper in the inside pocket of the jacket stating all details and eventual deviations so you're able to check for yourself.

nqtri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have the Minnis Dark Navy hopsack neo SC? Wondering how dark the navy is. From the sound of it, can it work as a separate SC?

Still deciding between that and the Filarte navy hopsack neo SC. Filarte is cheaper but from what I read here, they're not so good?

wolfdale

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Im 5ft9, 185lbs, with a 43” chest and 34” waist (im muscular). Should I go with slim or super slim? 16 or 16.5? I like a relaxed slim fit if it makes sense, problem is i worry the waist area will be too baggy due to my large chest.

Thanks!!!

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Im 5ft9, 185lbs, with a 43” chest and 34” waist (im muscular). Should I go with slim or super slim? 16 or 16.5? I like a relaxed slim fit if it makes sense, problem is i worry the waist area will be too baggy due to my large chest.

Thanks!!!
I am 6'1", 195lbs and same chest/waist. Slim gives me a tapered look but think your issue may be length. I have a longer torso and the shirts are just right for me with 16 slim and could be extra long on you.

Rhodia

Reaction score
Does anyone have the Minnis Dark Navy hopsack neo SC? Wondering how dark the navy is. From the sound of it, can it work as a separate SC?

Still deciding between that and the Filarte navy hopsack neo SC. Filarte is cheaper but from what I read here, they're not so good?
It's dark. When they say "dark navy" they mean it. I would say (in this case) the pictures on the website are true to the color of the cloth.

I ordered the DB version (but had to return it).

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Thanks!!!
Wow, a man after my own shape. I actually went Contemporary 16 neck with 35 sleeves. If I went 16.5 in a slim fit, the neck would be too wide. The waist isn't baggy and after a few washes, the shirt itself shrank ever so slightly so it would be like a slim anyway.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Thanks!!!
16.5 without question, and slim...if not contempoary. From my experience, shirts are notably slimmer this season than previous iterations, and dramatically so with linen/blends. You're going to blow any 16s out sooner than later.

wolfdale

Supporting Member
Reaction score
16.5 without question, and slim...if not contempoary. From my experience, shirts are notably slimmer this season than previous iterations, and dramatically so with linen/blends. You're going to blow any 16s out sooner than later.
Thats what I went with, 16.5 slim off their website measurements. Hope it fits!!

nqtri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's dark. When they say "dark navy" they mean it. I would say (in this case) the pictures on the website are true to the color of the cloth.

I ordered the DB version (but had to return it).
Did you return because it's too dark or some other reason?

Rhodia

Reaction score
Did you return because it's too dark or some other reason?
Size. And it had an odd stain on the sleeve.

The color is still navy, but some might want a truer or brighter navy blue color. I only saw it with indoor light though, so I cannot offer a verdict on it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads