• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WoolyLamb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Imma sacrific deez nuts for you guys, even though I'm not a fan of modal.

are deez nuts gonna be comfy? place your bets!
1695982676897.gif

alkydrinker

Reaction score
PSA/Sizing note on this recent line of OTR flannel shirts...
They are running true to size measurements (not on the small side like many other past OTR shirts) and do not shrink hardly at all even fully dried on high heat. The description does say "garment washed for...reduced shrinkage" which appears to be true.

For OTR shirts, I should be Contemporary 16.5 based on measurements, but have been sizing up to 17s with some recent shirts due to skimpy cuts and shrink. Got this flannel in 17 and it's just too big, even after a hot spin in the dryer, and will need my "true" size 16.5.

The amount of money I've wasted due to sizing inconsistencies within brands...:brick:

1695999299248.png

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@alkydrinker I can concur that they are TTS, however the sleeve is about half an inch too long but not a huge deal as I wear it under a sweater anyway. I could always get it shortened

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Is it just me - I really prefer boxer briefs with a long inseam. I get 7” where I can. Feels much more premium and doesn’t bunch up.

I go short as possible on the leg without getting into beiefs, so there’s nothing to bunch up. Also really like a low waist on boxer briefs. My go-to are Aussiebum, but I’ve heard good things about H@M

dukenukem4ever

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think someone else mentioned this a couple of posts back, but... is it just me, or is S&M's F/W previews kind of underwhelming? Last year the anticipation and hype for F/W was much greater. This year's F/W offering looks really... bland.
Crossing my fingers and hoping there is a lot more to come.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think someone else mentioned this a couple of posts back, but... is it just me, or is S&M's F/W previews kind of underwhelming? Last year the anticipation and hype for F/W was much greater. This year's F/W offering looks really... bland.
Crossing my fingers and hoping there is a lot more to come.
One assumes there is more to come (fingers crossed), but they did release on their teaser page a few of what I assume are their heavier hitters for the season.

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They did a run of shetland sweaters last year that got very good reviews here. They also sold out very fast. Unfortunately, I missed out on them personally.
Last year they were not brushed. This year the solids are brushed, which I'm personally not that into, making me double sad that I didn't hop on one last year.
You may be happy to know some non-brushed shetlands just popped up on the Fall Previews page!

SuaveStyle

Reaction score
So I asked on Instagram regarding the lack of slim options above size 42 specifically for the blue and Brown Harris Tweed SC they just released and they told me that they are not making slims above 42 and those will be contemporary only. I didn’t ask if this was all SC’s or suits, but if you notice those sizes never coming up in stock slim, now you know.

Meanie

Reaction score
Anyone have experience with the Mac jackets? I take a size 40 in SM suit jackets/sportcoats and I was wondering what size mac would fit best (with or without sportcoat underneath).

St1X

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback! What criteria is making it obvious? Given your answer should I try the size above or does this look like the right size?
because it fits you better than any other option - there's no pull around the seat and thigh and the width of the leg looks proportionate. Idk if you need to size up - if you feel that the trousers pull somewhere or a tight, especially when you sit, then size up. It's always easier to take trousers in, then let them out

capablebedroom

Reaction score
Does anyone know when they typically would start putting up overcoats on the website? Thinking of getting a double-breasted overcoat or polo coat.
Also hoping polo coats return this year…and that the Navy Serge Blazer is restocked in my size (42 Contemporary). I knew I shouldn't have waited on that one.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads