• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

whipcord

Reaction score
I'm pretty much the same size as you and even the medium is a bit tight, esp in the arms. I'm 165lb, 6 ft, muscular build.

Apparently muscular has taken on a whole different meaning these days. 6', 165lb with a 38" chest used to be categorized as lean if not skinny.

BlueSteel

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the guabello double breastfed can be buttoned in the middle AND lower button?

There are a bunch of Guabello double-breasted (not breastfed...that would be odd...) items for sale.

All should be described in the standard way re buttons, which is typically 6x2 or 4x2, to use examples. The second number - in each case I have used in my example the number 2 - is the number of working buttons on front of the jacket.

So every DB jacket that says 6x2 or 4x2 means the lower button and the one above it function/work.

losrockets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tried the dinner jacket last night. It's good, sleeves are a bit sheer, but the biggest surprise is that I wanted more personality to the shawl lapel. More of a pronounced belly I guess.

jsong812

Reaction score
Apparently muscular has taken on a whole different meaning these days. 6', 165lb with a 38" chest used to be categorized as lean if not skinny.
Well, I guess it's all relative. My chest is 39.5'' like the OP. I have a 29-30 in waist and am more of an endomorph so am fairly lean...

pyunghwa

Reaction score
There are a bunch of Guabello double-breasted (not breastfed...that would be odd...) items for sale.

All should be described in the standard way re buttons, which is typically 6x2 or 4x2, to use examples. The second number - in each case I have used in my example the number 2 - is the number of working buttons on front of the jacket.

So every DB jacket that says 6x2 or 4x2 means the lower button and the one above it function/work.

Thanks for the detailed response! Do you or anyone have photos of the same double breasted jacket in the two different buttoning configurations?

JTrent82

Reaction score
I have twice. Box22. Are you sure the items in the cart qualify?
Yes they're all clearly marked for the promotion.

edit: I cleared my browser cache and it solved the problem. Try this if you're having the same issue.

Last edited:

BlueSteel

Reaction score
Thanks for the detailed response! Do you or anyone have photos of the same double breasted jacket in the two different buttoning configurations?

From S&M, the top link is to a 6x2, and the bottom link is to a 4x2 - both by Guabello:

6x2:

4x2:

pyunghwa

Reaction score
From S&M, the top link is to a 6x2, and the bottom link is to a 4x2 - both by Guabello:

6x2:

4x2:

Oh, my apologies, i think my initial question was misunderstood. I meant can the 6x2 guabello be worn with only the bottom button fastened, similar to the attached photo. I was concerned that the lapel would not roll properly unless it was intentionally designed to have either the middle or bottom button fastened. Sorry for the confusion.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221224-180112_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20221224-180112_Chrome.jpg
    700.4 KB · Views: 233

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh, my apologies, i think my initial question was misunderstood. I meant can the 6x2 guabello be worn with only the bottom button fastened, similar to the attached photo. I was concerned that the lapel would not roll properly unless it was intentionally designed to have either the middle or bottom button fastened. Sorry for the confusion.
They're not supposed to be worn as 6x1 like the one from N in your pic. The lapel is ironed to be worn as 6x2 only from the factory.

UncommonSequel

Reaction score
Can someone verify for me, if a product was ordered after mid November you have til Jan 15th to return even if you used a coupon code? I got a small in a product and it works but I want to try a medium to compare before returning.

From their phrasing, if you ordered the item on or after November 14th, it should be eligible for holiday returns until Jan 15th.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads