• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1st Step

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Get Some Green On...

FW22_98 Styleforum Asset[21929].jpg

20221217_115335.jpg

20221216_230842.jpg

20221216_230212.jpg

Blu Footwork!
20221217_115158.jpg

20221216_230030.jpg

Come On Over...
Friday "Holiday" Challenge | Styleforum

Spandexter

Reaction score
Thinking of ordering a custom blue suit. Does anyone have an advice re fabric given there isn't a huge selection? I'm after a navy and on occasion intend to wear both jacket and pants as separates (jacket will have patch pockets).

mbb355

Reaction score
Took delivery of the new Moon White & Black Check SB sportcoat the other day. One of my favorites from Spier. The pattern is classic, but it's surprisingly hard to find a black & white glen check in the perfect color and scale. I love that, contrary to the Marling & Evans undyed wool check from A/W 2020, the new Moon sportcoat is a true black and white--not brown and cream. And I love that the new Moon sportcoat has a smaller scale than the Marling & Evans--it makes the pattern a little subtler and more sophisticated. Finally, I love the feel of the new Moon sportcoat. It's substantial but soft and supple--doesn't even feel like a tweed. It's a joy to wear and goes with everything. Highly recommend.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Took delivery of the new Moon White & Black Check SB sportcoat the other day. One of my favorites from Spier. The pattern is classic, but it's surprisingly hard to find a black & white glen check in the perfect color and scale. I love that, contrary to the Marling & Evans undyed wool check from A/W 2020, the new Moon sportcoat is a true black and white--not brown and cream. And I love that the new Moon sportcoat has a smaller scale than the Marling & Evans--it makes the pattern a little subtler and more sophisticated. Finally, I love the feel of the new Moon sportcoat. It's substantial but soft and supple--doesn't even feel like a tweed. It's a joy to wear and goes with everything. Highly recommend.
I think the scale is similar, but the Moon has more houndstooth patterns within the check pattern than the Marling Evans. That's what makes it appear smaller. I have the Marling Evans and love it. I already have two black/white patterned jackets thst serves me well, but it the Moon goes on sale, I'll probably grab it as well as I agree with you; it looks really good.

classicoutfits

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I have couple of jackets from SM, one fits perfect, the other one (oddly the more expensive) came in 1 inch shorter in length, and sleeves that I altered a bit. They state on their website +/- 1/2 inch. I would like to order another one from their current sale but a little hesitant. Anyone has similar experience? I am tall so ideally Long will fit better, but my size is 36 and 36L they don’t have off the rack. Thank you for your time

SmoothLefty

Reaction score
Does anyone own any of Spier's MTM chambray shirts? I'm looking for a casual, light/mid weight fabric for spring/summer.

I was looking at the light blue slub (SAF-2723-MTM) but there are no photos of a complete shirt. I'm looking for something similar to this shirt I have from J. Crew:

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-12-18 130229.png
    Screenshot 2022-12-18 130229.png
    130.1 KB · Views: 117

ScottyK

Reaction score
Does anyone own any of Spier's MTM chambray shirts? I'm looking for a casual, light/mid weight fabric for spring/summer.

I was looking at the light blue slub (SAF-2723-MTM) but there are no photos of a complete shirt. I'm looking for something similar to this shirt I have from J. Crew:

I have the darker one.

Attachments

• ECF6F8B3-D96B-4C8D-8C37-A58288ACC364.jpeg
    ECF6F8B3-D96B-4C8D-8C37-A58288ACC364.jpeg
    422.5 KB · Views: 148

Menswear2021

Reaction score
Pictures please if you can?

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That looks great, exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks for the pic.

I have the lighter one to the one mentioned above. I would say it is not as light as the J Crew one but pretty close. The only S&M shirts I have that have lightened up over time have been the denim shirts.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 97 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads