• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

norMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@mossrockss

I see you are selling lasts years SC. Have you recieved this years linen silk suit and if so could you share some enabling pictures?

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Daily emails? Really?

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@mossrockss

I see you are selling lasts years SC. Have you recieved this years linen silk suit and if so could you share some enabling pictures?

Here's a pic of last year's jacket side by side with it.
The color of the linen/silk suit is *exactly* what I've been searching for for 10 years, not exaggerating.
No fit pics yet. Needs a little easing in between the blades since linen has no natural give, so it's a bit snug when I reach forward with both arms. TBH if I showed you a pic of the back right now, it's very, very clean.

The full 2cm-higher armhole is a revelation. Makes it feel significantly higher-end than the price would indicate. I hope it continues to be available through the MTO program.

IMG_1266.jpeg

norMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here's a pic of last year's jacket side by side with it.
The color of the linen/silk suit is *exactly* what I've been searching for for 10 years, not exaggerating.
No fit pics yet. Needs a little easing in between the blades since linen has no natural give, so it's a bit snug when I reach forward with both arms. TBH if I showed you a pic of the back right now, it's very, very clean.

The full 2cm-higher armhole is a revelation. Makes it feel significantly higher-end than the price would indicate. I hope it continues to be available through the MTO program.

View attachment 1777299

Thank you! Looks great. I kinda burnt my fingers on last years solaro and was waiting this one out for some real life pics.

Now it is OOS in my size. I hope one gets returned.

kbuzz

Reaction score
We know supply chain is an issue for all these days but has anyone heard about restocks for classic solid OCBDS ?
I need a 17 -35 slim or contemporary and not much to choose from

I'd even take a popover if it it had a 35 inch sleeve

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you! Looks great. I kinda burnt my fingers on last years solaro and was waiting this one out for some real life pics.

Now it is OOS in my size. I hope one gets returned.
K I do have a screen grab. I took a quick vid when I got it to help me see the back and sides etc.
DE0D9CAE-2D96-4E3E-B8AB-5DE9B486A280.jpeg
BC6306BA-4EA7-438C-AF6B-A3339D84368B.jpeg

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow that fits absurdly well off the rack! This is the silk/linen right? How shiny is it in real life? It does come off as a bit shiny in pics...
it is a very clean fit. i tried two sizes of trousers. i think the ones pictured are the default size that come with the suit. with linen you need a bit fuller cut since it doesn't have much natural give/stretch to it.

any sheen is negligible IRL. or at least, it's not more shiny than regular linen which itself has a natural sheen.

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe this has been discussed before, but it almost seems like the new, higher-armhole pattern also resulted in a slight shift of the buttoning point and pocket placement. Somehow this jacket looks overall better-balanced to my eye than the prior season's jacket. Like the buttoning point is in a better spot and so are the pockets. But even having the two side by side I can't really tell…
anybody else feel that way who've seen/owned both models?

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe this has been discussed before, but it almost seems like the new, higher-armhole pattern also resulted in a slight shift of the buttoning point and pocket placement. Somehow this jacket looks overall better-balanced to my eye than the prior season's jacket. Like the buttoning point is in a better spot and so are the pockets. But even having the two side by side I can't really tell…
anybody else feel that way who've seen/owned both models?
Ok couldn’t help myself, got out the yard stick.

center button placement is about 1/4 inch lower
Patch pockets themselves are about 1/2” taller, so they sit 1/2” closer to the hem.
Buttons are spaced 1/8 inch or so further apart

Overall these changes add up to make the whole thing better-balanced visually.
The reason it’s different, according to Rick, is that they switched factories since last summer. Now the OTR and MTM are made by the same factory (the MTM one).

as noted before however, the breast pocket is higher. By my measurement it’s 1” (!) higher. The visual impact of that hasn’t bothered me (or delighted me), but I also haven’t opened that pocket up yet to put a pocket square in it.

Overall I’d say it all adds up to a win

Last edited:

alkydrinker

Reaction score
I really can't imagine what the rationale would be for raising the breast pocket like that???

It just looks wrong to me. On a recent MTM, I requested they use the old breast pocket height, which then they emailed me and had me measure an old jacket and provide pics to verify what the "old height" is.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics