• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That was the W/S/L/C blend, right? I do not, which I feel safe saying I regret. I believe @DonRaphael has it. His comparison shot including it pushed me to snag the Cerruti W/S Hopsack, which is pretty fun in its own right and currently hanging in my temporary closet as we speak.
Rick says that this jacket was offered back in FW19 and this year's offer is a re-release of that. He considers it a four season jacket.

Selling my E Thomas W/S/L jacket if you're a size 40R and interested. https://www.styleforum.net/buyandsell/additions-price-drops16-12-spier-mackay-sport-coats-40r.27615/

ULCajun

Reaction score
Just curious-how is the quality of Spier & Mackays denim and leather products like gloves?

pasting from my other comment on denim.

I think they are okay. I like the color but I just prefer a good pair from Levi’s more overall for the price. I also like that I can go in a store and buy a hemmed pair. The seams have twisted when getting hemmed but i don’t know if that’s just a denim thing. It also happened on my linen pants.
There are reports on here of the rivets popping off.
Maybe better luck when a v2 comes out.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays! I hope everyone is enjoying some time off (if you can get it, I know we all deserve it).

I just wanted to pop in and say a HUGE thank you to everyone for the continued support though this incredibly strange, frustrating and challenging time. I apologize for not being in here for extended periods. I've had to keep focus on operations. It seems are there are new issues and challenges everyday from development issues and delays to production issues and delays to logistical issues and it seems never ending.

I really do appreciate the strong support from this community and the open and honest feedback, good or bad, that keeps us on our toes and continually working to improve. I do try to scan through when I have a chance, but when I do, I'm usually a few hundred, sometimes a thousand comments behind. A couple of guys from CS also scan through more regularly to keep an eye on things, so keep the feedback coming, we are listening.

We have some great items planned for SS22, we hope to start getting them in by Mid Jan.

Cheers Everyone and Here's to a Hope filled and successful 2022!

Blondie87

Reaction score
Does anyone know if you can change lapel size in MTO sport coats? I just bought a 40S (not neo cut) to see if it fits me well and it looks good but the lapels look a little on the large size. In the custom sport coat options it says the standard sport coat cut has 3.75" lapels for size 40 but I don't see anywhere I could ask for 3.25-3.5 instead. I'm going to try it on a few more times but just wanted to see if it was even an option.

hookem12387

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Offhand, does anyone know if you can swap out pants with a suit? As in, order a drop 7 or 8 rather than 6? or does that require going custom

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Offhand, does anyone know if you can swap out pants with a suit? As in, order a drop 7 or 8 rather than 6? or does that require going custom
Possible. You can either buy the suit and an additional pair of trousers in your size to be sure that you've secured your size and then email customer service for a refund for one pair of trousers. Or you could order the suit and email customer service and ask for a trouser swap and hope they'll do it in time to secure your pair.

I think that the swap doesn't apply for sales though. But not sure. Usually, they write whether it's possible or not with sales.

wilcthree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays! I hope everyone is enjoying some time off (if you can get it, I know we all deserve it).

I just wanted to pop in and say a HUGE thank you to everyone for the continued support though this incredibly strange, frustrating and challenging time. I apologize for not being in here for extended periods. I've had to keep focus on operations. It seems are there are new issues and challenges everyday from development issues and delays to production issues and delays to logistical issues and it seems never ending.

I really do appreciate the strong support from this community and the open and honest feedback, good or bad, that keeps us on our toes and continually working to improve. I do try to scan through when I have a chance, but when I do, I'm usually a few hundred, sometimes a thousand comments behind. A couple of guys from CS also scan through more regularly to keep an eye on things, so keep the feedback coming, we are listening.

We have some great items planned for SS22, we hope to start getting them in by Mid Jan.

@spiermackay @SpierTeam

Many thanks for all y’all do. I’m interested in ordering this fabric for a MTO suit: https://www.spierandmackay.com/Fabric/suit/4153
Can you tell me if it’s out of stock or not? I’m wanting to take advantage of the Boxing Day sale with upgraded full canvas.

SteveMc

Reaction score

@spiermackay @SpierTeam Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you guys !

Looking forward to what you have in store for us in SS22!

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@spiermackay
We need a subtle herringbone patterned suit in navy, a puppytooth suit in dark grey and a birdseye suit in mid grey for the next drop, please. I wouldn't mind a midnight navy suit and a charcoal suit as well. If you plan on either, just credit my account. No need to let me know prior to. Just do it. I'll understand. We're like family by now.

milktoast

Reaction score
I’m sure it’s been asked before, but does anyone have any pics comparing Neo vs. non-Neo S&M sc’s? Still not clear to me what the differences between both are.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m sure it’s been asked before, but does anyone have any pics comparing Neo vs. non-Neo S&M sc’s? Still not clear to me what the differences between both are.
Length (may be other measurements as well), lapel width, 3 vs 2 front button.

MrFingers

Reaction score

C5732B00-295B-4E17-919A-3B26EFAEE18A.jpeg
241F76DC-17C8-4AAF-B0B9-7792230999B9.jpeg

these pics don’t look great lol. But what I can say from how it looks on me is: neo seems to fit longer, and more forgiving in the chest and shoulders. I like how neo has the straight lapels vs normal has them curved. Sleeves also seemed to be a tad shorter on the normal and waist is tighter in neo. If I had to get a normal sportcoat again I’d have to size up personally. Check is normal and sand colored is neo. Ignore the length of the sand one since it’s half linen and therefore it creases and reduces its own length with movement

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads