• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You need to fold it, giving shape of a shirt on display, then pack it in a mesh bag of same size. Our washer, front loading has wool and hand wash settings and spin speed, temp etc, can be changed. Don't try this with cheap top loading washers that are common in USA.
Interesting, I may give this a try in the future, I have one of those front loaders and other settings.

wilcthree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh boy… another reason for me to spend more money on Spier. Just received my MTO Neo suit in dark gray. They nailed it. Fabric is solid and seems to drape well. I’ve fallen down the besom pocket rabbit hole and will most likely try to get them on all my MTO business suits going forward, and also the Milanese button hole. Ordered on 8/20 and received on 10/1 (I had it held since I was out of town). I didn’t specify but it was made on the updated Neo block with higher armholes. Not tripping on that. I’ve noticed the barchetta breast pocket is a little high on this new Neo cut, but it’s something I can get used to. This suit is sleek and versatile, simultaneously striking notes of business/formality (besom pockets) and relaxed (spalla camicia) Excited to take this to the tailor and let him do his magic. After which, pictures will be forthcoming. Next up, is a MTO suit in a navy. Now to consult the fabrics in the MTO section…

Last edited:

aj805

Reaction score
Some of the overshirts are listed as with a curved hem. Are there pictures of the back floating around anywhere? I think that would be a shame if the fit is otherwise more coat-like from the weight of the fabric, etc.

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh boy… another reason for me to spend more money on Spier. Just received my MTO Neo suit in dark gray. They nailed it. Fabric is solid and seems to drape well. I’ve fallen down the besom pocket rabbit hole and will most likely try to get them on all my MTO business suits going forward, and also the Milanese button hole. Ordered on 8/20 and received on 10/1 (I had it held since I was out of town). I didn’t specify but it was made on the updated Neo block with higher armholes. Not tripping on that. I’ve noticed the barchetta breast pocket is a little high on this new Neo cut, but it’s something I can get used to. This suit is sleek and versatile, simultaneously striking notes of business/formality (besom pockets) and relaxed (spalla camicia) Excited to take this to the tailor and let him do his magic. After which, pictures will be forthcoming. Next up, is a MTO suit in a navy. Now to consult the fabrics in the MTO section…

Why you still need to take to the tailor when through MTO you would have done the small alterations? You want the Minnis Fresco or Mocleno.

Last edited:

Rugger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I missed out on the Gray Prince of Wales Overcoat. Looking for a 44 if anyone ordered and isn't going to keep.

wilcthree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why you still need to take to the tailor when through MTO you would have done the small alterations? You want the Minnis Fresco or Mocleno.
My tailor is highly skilled and I rely on his expertise to make those small alterations versus folks who I can’t see and with whom I have limited communication. My tailor has done plenty of items for me and is familiar with my profile. Given his working knowledge of how I want to look in clothes, it makes sense for him to do these small alterations versus them being done in the abstract via MTO. I’ve experimented enough with MTO and other Spier items to have dialed in my fit 98%. I could find out what that other 2% is, but I don’t have the time or money for that. Lol I’m just getting cuffs and a hem done though. I want to get a couple of worsteds, as I already have 2 fresco suits.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Which fabric did you order?

alkydrinker

Reaction score
Has the Spier team said anything about the cut of the new jeans? Just saw the teaser on Instagram.

Yeah in the comments they said it is the same cut as the 5 pocket cords...so look up the currently available 5 pocket cords and check the measurements.

For me, the rise is a bit too low. I wouldn't be surprised if they release a higher rise version of their jeans in the next year or so bc it seems like so many of us are asking for that.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

wilcthree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are you happy with the fabric quality? What's the weight? How's the drape? I've been reluctant to order their no-name fabric suits.
I, too, had some initial reluctance. Here are a couple of my thoughts in response to your question, and not having fully worn it:
- The fabric has a good hand, but nothing luxurious. That's be expected at this price point, though.
- Fabric drapes nicely. I'd say the fabric is sufficient for an all-around workhorse suit.
- The fabric yarn count is 280 gr. / 9.8 oz, but it does not feel light. It feels quite adequate for year-round wear in LA.
- Dewrinkles well. There were deep wrinkles in the sleeve due to packaging and shipping. They came right out using the steamer function of the iron.
- The true test will be how the qualities above fair after I have it tailored.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads