• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@James1051 you get your cords yet? Curious to hear your opinion on sizing
Yes. I do not size up, as some have, in the 5 pockets.

In my normal size, I don't perceive a fit difference between the new 5-pocket cords and the prior run. In both cases they fit the same in the waist as the Spier casual chinos, but both are bit slimmer in the hips and upper thighs than the chinos; and maybe a tiny bit less rise as well. I see the old and new runs of the 5 pockets as sitting somewhere between Contemporary and Slim fit in my normal waist size for Spier.

Hope this helps

ikir

Reaction score
They will apply cuffs to your pants, just select your inseam you want, then add in notes to add cuffs when hemming, and if you want either a 1.75” or 2” cuff

I was told that there won’t be enough fabric for 2” cuff on 33 size trousers with 32.5 inseam length :( Had to go without cuff.

omgitswes

Reaction score
Yes. I do not size up, as some have, in the 5 pockets.

In my normal size, I don't perceive a fit difference between the new 5-pocket cords and the prior run. In both cases they fit the same in the waist as the Spier casual chinos, but both are bit slimmer in the hips and upper thighs than the chinos; and maybe a tiny bit less rise as well. I see the old and new runs of the 5 pockets as sitting somewhere between Contemporary and Slim fit in my normal waist size for Spier.

Hope this helps

definitely, thanks! Think I’ll size up

1st Step

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Greene Got Creamed...

20210217_183909.jpg

20210217_185211.jpg

20210217_185346 (1).jpg

1st Step

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
S$M,
Are they down?

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /app/webroot/ on this server.

rganesh0

Reaction score
I am buying my first suit ever and plan on buying a navy suit from the core collection. I prefer a more modern fit as opposed to traditional. I tried to match my measurements to those listed on the website, but am having trouble with finding the right size and fit (contemporary vs slim).

Here are my measurements:
Chest 37"
Shoulders 17.5"
Jacket Waist 31"
Trouser Waist 33"
Hip 38"
Thigh 21.5"
Height 5'11"
Wt 150 lb

What do you suggest?

vdh7777

Reaction score
The shoulders do look like a good fit, so you are definitely in the right ballpark.

It does look like you might need a L, hard to tell with the jeans. Based on the pic from the back (not sleeve length which is adjustable) you look like you’re right on the edge between R and L.

Possibly slim might fit better, but might also be too snug. From the look of the pics, you could get by with the R, lengthen the sleeves, take in the center seam on the upper back a bit, and you could get a good fit. Bottom line is, once you get your fit dialed in, then you know what works for you. It might take a couple more try ons.
Thanks for your feedback !
Looks like they is some work ahead indeed.

AntiHero84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's been forever and a day since I've posted, so please forgive me if this was discussed recently...

Are there any plans for new madras buttondowns this year? If so, are there any pattern samples?

I wore them all last spring/summer/early fall and I'm psyched about something new.

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's been forever and a day since I've posted, so please forgive me if this was discussed recently...

Are there any plans for new madras buttondowns this year? If so, are there any pattern samples?

I wore them all last spring/summer/early fall and I'm psyched about something new.
Yes, there are 4 new patterns we have seen. They have all been shown on IG as that is where most of the teasers come from. 3 of them were in stories so no longer visible, one of them is a post so can easily see it

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am buying my first suit ever and plan on buying a navy suit from the core collection. I prefer a more modern fit as opposed to traditional. I tried to match my measurements to those listed on the website, but am having trouble with finding the right size and fit (contemporary vs slim).

Here are my measurements:
Chest 37"
Shoulders 17.5"
Jacket Waist 31"
Trouser Waist 33"
Hip 38"
Thigh 21.5"
Height 5'11"
Wt 150 lb

What do you suggest?

If your chest is 37 and you’re 5’11” then you’re likely a 38R, start there.
possibly 38L, depending on the length of your torso bs your legs.

SartorialSpyker

Reaction score
I’m on the fence wether to go with Tan or Caramel corduroy. Does anyone have both of them and prefer one over another? The Caramel seems dull in the pictures, though that could just be poor photography.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads