• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

afterthesuit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Light beige five pocket cords. I saw some questions about sizing here, found both pairs I ordered to be inline with the measurements +/- spec. Pretty soft and comfy.

Great alternative to denim (and sweatpants) for wfh.
0078A0A7-7C37-4B31-9759-2B24C78C9318.jpeg

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some days I dress up and days like today I"m wearing a sweatshirt and sweat pants. I purchased their new sweatshirt and its way way more comfortable and better quality than the first run.
That is good to know. I have one OTW in light grey melange. Was there much shrinkage in wash, or have you not washed yet?
Where are you getting this information? Do you know the gsm for the different chinos?
From talking to Rick on IG, no idea what the gsm/oz of the fabric is

EddieK

Reaction score
That is good to know. I have one OTW in light grey melange. Was there much shrinkage in wash, or have you not washed yet?

I think you should just apply for a position in Spier and Mackay.
Rick will probably just give it to you

Last edited:

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'll update you when I wash it a few times. I've only washed it once so far.

wildcat10

Reaction score
I hope not. I really don't like the material and excessive sheen on the dress chinos. A higher rise version of the ordinary chinos would be great.
Thank you, I have not tried the dress chinos, and from your description it looks like I should avoid them.

wildcat10

Reaction score
What is the expected time-frame for a mto jacket currently?

Per the S&M site:

Please note that due to the Chinese New Year holiday, our factory is temporarily closed, so there will be a slight delay for MTO orders placed during this promotion. Orders will begin processing on March 1st, and estimated delivery time for the finished garments is mid-April.

EddieK

Reaction score
Per the S&M site:

Please note that due to the Chinese New Year holiday, our factory is temporarily closed, so there will be a slight delay for MTO orders placed during this promotion. Orders will begin processing on March 1st, and estimated delivery time for the finished garments is mid-April.
I want to add 6 weeks is the earliest estimate. Most likely there will be a backlog of lots of orders from this sale especially, so depending on how much you wait to place the MTO order, you'll be looking at longer than 6 weeks.

stuffedsuperdud

Reaction score
No, I'm sorry that I've moved on from SM since I've found other brands that offer more value and quality for the money. You need to move on from that old uncle look too.

I splurged on a RLPL dinner jacket to use when we can par-tay again, and took it to my tailor. He was pretty excited to see it and pointed out some of the details in the shoulders and buttons, and said that RLPL, Brioni, Zegna, and Kiton are the only real choices for RTW, and that everything else is a poor imitation. Mind you I've brought him stuff from all across the mid-market to upper-market spectrum (J.Crew, SM, SuSu, Brooks Bros, Hart Schaffner Marx, even a Samuelsohn and a Hickey Freeman) and his answer to everything was, "It's okay. But just okay." I've also showed him swatchbooks full of Gaubello, E. Thomas, VBC, etc. and for all of them, he only frowned and said it reminded him of the Chinese-made fabrics he used to have to use when he was an apprentice growing up in Vietnam. I was surprised and asked what was good, and he said that anything not Scabal, Dormeuil, and Zegna belongs in the same bin with the nameless crap from JAB and Macy's. Harsh! I mean, he's a really old-school bespoke tailor and biased towards ultra-high-end work as that is what he knows, and sure I think it's a a bit extreme of him to write off any RTW that isn't bespoke-lite as not worth it, but technically, I guess he's not wrong??

That's my way of saying that you might think you're better than the average SM enthusiast, but you're right here in the mud with us buddy. Pull up a chair, put on your $350 Drago suit, and enjoy!

SartorialSpyker

Reaction score
Maybe that discussion shouldn’t occur on S&M’s Official Affiliate thread. I suggest taking it to PM.

No, I'm sorry that I've moved on from SM since I've found other brands that offer more value and quality for the money. You need to move on from that old uncle look too.

What brands are better value at the price, sale price in particular?? Genuinely curious, would love more options to choose from.

If not here, perhaps start a new thread, many of us would be very interested.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member