• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any insights or tips on the short sleeve button down and shirt collar polos? Specifically looking to know about shrinkage or sizing issues.

For what it’s worth, I received the navy and gray long sleeved polos this past weekend. Experienced minimal shrinkage not affecting wearability.
Got the SS Polos with shirt collar, took same size as the LS Polos from this FW20. They are a bit shorter, and wider in chest/waist. I only wear Polos untucked anyways so it still worked with me. Expect same amount of shrinkage as your LS Polos
Any advice on the quarter zip sweaters? TTS or size up one like the knit polos?
I don't have them, but I don't see how the model would be made differently than the other thin layering sweaters. So I would say go with your same size as your knit polos if they are comfortable

Duppy

Reaction score
Thanks ??
Got the SS Polos with shirt collar, took same size as the LS Polos from this FW20. They are a bit shorter, and wider in chest/waist. I only wear Polos untucked anyways so it still worked with me. Expect same amount of shrinkage as your LS Polos

I don't have them, but I don't see how the model would be made differently than the other thin layering sweaters. So I would say go with your same size as your knit polos if they are comfortable
If you're talking about this year's knit polos, I would stick to the same size for the quarter zip, they're basically the same thing.

wilcthree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i’m a 40R slim jacket in S&M and the medium shirt collar short sleeve polos fit me well- trim but not tight

I washed cold and hung dry and there was a small amount of shrinkage but not terrible

I will say that the polos are not long enough to be suitable for tucking in for me at 6’0 in height, which may be a deal breaker for some, but I only wear polos untucked so it’s fine for me
@XxLogo @anonymouz @K. Nights @Waldo Jeffers
Appreciate y’all weighing in. This is helpful info. Likely gonna hold off on the SS polos. I did buy 3 more long sleeve polos over the weekend; I will soon have one in all colors. They’re a good look for WFH.

Devis4u

Reaction score
For the field jacket I went large, which is great, though very slightly too long in the shoulder. I'm a 40R in SuitSupply. Should I stick with large for the sweaters to get a trim fit?

ptfly

Reaction score
For the field jacket I went large, which is great, though very slightly too long in the shoulder. I'm a 40R in SuitSupply. Should I stick with large for the sweaters to get a trim fit?
40r here too. Medium for cables and chunky cardigan but large for thin sweaters has worked for me.

Pete Mitchell

Reaction score
Hey all,

I received my MTO suit today and I'm a little unsure about the spalla camicia. It just seems rather conspicuous and perhaps a bit sloppy. This is my first neapolitan suit so I'm no expert. I ordered an off the rack prior to the MTO, also in neopolitan, to try and figure out sizing, and the shoulder was far more subtle.
20210112_115321.jpg
20210112_115250.jpg
20210112_115257.jpg

Konnor

Reaction score

ptfly

Reaction score
Gotcha, it would be nice if they started putting the model's height and weight and corresponding garment size in the photos
Exactly. Most models are 40r/l wearing medium sweaters. Think that came from IG. In general models are 40r/l, 32 waist. About 6 to 6'2". 165/170 pounds. Helpful to note that and size worn for each style. Sometimes a model shows up for a shoot and you know they fudged the numbers a little.

Last edited:

wilcthree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I received my MTO suit today and I'm a little unsure about the spalla camicia. It just seems rather conspicuous and perhaps a bit sloppy. This is my first neapolitan suit so I'm no expert. I ordered an off the rack prior to the MTO, also in neopolitan, to try and figure out sizing, and the shoulder was far more subtle. View attachment 1534605 View attachment 1534606 View attachment 1534607
I can see it being conspicuous, but darned if that isn’t one of the best spalla camicia jobs SM has done on a Neo coat. They od’d on it, and I mean that positively. What’s the full picture of the suit looking like? How’s it fit?

Last edited:

MMG

Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads