• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly, maybe even these Trickers boot

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
S&M jacket, shirt and trousers. Is there going to be flannels in the high rise cut available this season? I'm seriously considering selling my flannel trousers to get them in the high rise cut.

saskatoonjay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply.
Yes it is available in my size and I could be interested aswell. Isn't the fabric too heavy for a all-year round SC ?
There are 2 Angelico Bright Navy jackets, and yeah, the triple-patch one is listed as heavier and 3-season. The other one is all-year. In both cases the hopsack weave lets the cloth breathe and feel cooler.

wilcthree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Someone who owns this navy hopsack SC would be kind enough to post pictures ?

I'm thinking about getting it as I'm willing to try an hopsack jacket but I'm afraid it would be too dark or too close to an orphaned suit jacket. Can't return final sales.
Thanks in advance.
Here are some photos of it. Trying to sell it. Let me know if you’re interested in a 38L contemporary.

Attachments

• 5BF7D3BE-C8F0-4454-A6B3-7E830A0635D5.jpeg
    5BF7D3BE-C8F0-4454-A6B3-7E830A0635D5.jpeg
    88.8 KB · Views: 72
  • 8ABE1D9D-FEAE-4ABD-9D39-C60FCC520128.jpeg
    8ABE1D9D-FEAE-4ABD-9D39-C60FCC520128.jpeg
    210.9 KB · Views: 71
  • 9C35620F-E066-465F-88E3-F4413BB75B60.jpeg
    9C35620F-E066-465F-88E3-F4413BB75B60.jpeg
    281.5 KB · Views: 84

LookOutSpices

Reaction score
Looking for some fit feedback on a 38R Contemporary, particularly the length. I’ve purchased a few items in this size and they overall fit me well, but I’m beginning to think the length of the 38R may be a little short on me. I’m about 5’11” or 11.5.” The jacket just barely covers my butt, and sometimes appears a little short in the front. I’m kind of on the fence. The 38L is only an extra 1.5 inches or so in length, but I’m wondering if that will be too much extra length. I do have fairly large hips, which may contribute to it looking short.

IMG_1716.jpg
IMG_1721.jpg
IMG_1719.PNG

wilcthree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking for some fit feedback on a 38R Contemporary, particularly the length. I’ve purchased a few items in this size and they overall fit me well, but I’m beginning to think the length of the 38R may be a little short on me. I’m about 5’11” or 11.5.” The jacket just barely covers my butt, and sometimes appears a little short in the front. I’m kind of on the fence. The 38L is only an extra 1.5 inches or so in length, but I’m wondering if that will be too much extra length. I do have fairly large hips, which may contribute to it looking short.

View attachment 1472885 View attachment 1472886 View attachment 1472887
I recently switched from 38R contemporary to 38L contemporary and couldn't be happier. The touch of length and lowered buttoning point both compliment my frame well and make for a better silhouette. I'm 6ft. even and do not at all think the extra length of the 38L is an issue. In fact, it's quite the opposite, a welcomed improvement. I suggest going for it.

LookOutSpices

Reaction score
I recently switched from 38R contemporary to 38L contemporary and couldn't be happier. The touch of length and lowered buttoning point both compliment my frame well and make for a better silhouette. I'm 6ft. even and do not at all think the extra length of the 38L is an issue. In fact, it's quite the opposite, a welcomed improvement. I suggest going for it.
Appreciate the feedback!

One other question: how much can sleeves be shortened? I already have to shorten mine by about 3/4 of an inch, and the extra inch on the sleeves worries me.

Ebichuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Appreciate the feedback!

One other question: how much can sleeves be shortened? I already have to shorten mine by about 3/4 of an inch, and the extra inch on the sleeves worries me.
Go for the Long and don't shorten your sleeves so much - they're bordering on too short right now as you're showing a good inch of your cuffs

LookOutSpices

Reaction score
Go for the Long and don't shorten your sleeves so much - they're bordering on too short right now as you're showing a good inch of your cuffs
Thanks, I agree on the sleeves, but I've realized the shirt is the problem, not the jacket. This shirt, despite being the same size as my others, measures slightly longer and hits considerably further down past my wrist. The others don't show nearly as much.

Ebichuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I agree on the sleeves, but I've realized the shirt is the problem, not the jacket. This shirt, despite being the same size as my others, measures slightly longer and hits considerably further down past my wrist. The others don't show nearly as much.
In my eyes the shirt length is spot on, not at all too long.

Stylewords

Reaction score
The shirt is not the problem. Get the 38L.

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1472885 View attachment 1472886 View attachment 1472887
As it stands right now, I suggest getting the 38L. Right now, it seems the jacket is too short and this is contributing to your legs looking longer than your body, when it should be about 50/50. As well as the sleeve length being a tad too short, should show no more than 1/2" of cuff personally as that is the sweet spot. Looks like you are showing about 1" right now... Otherwise it fits you great everywhere else.
As for shirt, if you are concerned, the sleeve should hit mid palm (widest part of hand) when unbuttoned, but if it say goes down to knuckles it is probably a bit long. Right now it looks like the shirt sleeve is perfect when buttoned, but since there is no unbuttoned pictures I can't really tell. The body also looks okay from pictures, but can't really tell with jacket on

1st Step

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I read your comments with interest.

Just to clarify, from what I read it sounds like you sized up for the coat, is that correct?

However, the S&M website is saying stick to your normal SC size.

Am I missing something, or has the cut and size changed??
size up!

LookOutSpices

Reaction score
Follow up question: does this shirt look too short (or alternatively is too much cuff showing)? I find with the first shirt it goes too far down my palm.
IMG_1731 (1).JPG
IMG_1724.jpg

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads