• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

wilcthree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don’t know that anyone has said that there are no navy trousers that will ever look good. Just that many navy worsted wool trousers are not recommended because they look like they were supposed to belong with a suit. I wear navy cotton chinos and cotton/linen trousers frequently, especially to more casual outings like parties or out to dinner, I just wouldn’t wear wool trousers because (imho) they look like they belong to a suit and look odd as separates. There are certain fabrics and even patterns that lean more towards an odd trouser look and those are often recommended as odd trousers. I don’t buy worsted wool navy trousers because they would never make my “best outfits” and would never get worn.

Also, I don’t have it in the budget right now but I would love to try to put together a look with a black linen coat, white or off-white trousers or even jeans, and black boots for a party. I think it would stand out but still look good

I like how you framed this.

Spyder187

Reaction score
Wanna throw out praise for the Drago navy jacket with light blue windowpane. It's very lightweight, has great texture, and is rather professional/reserved in its overall appearance. In desperate need of more navy jackets and with the current sale this was nearly $200 cheaper than the E Thomas!

Anyone else own this one? Any comments on the natural stretch of the weave?

I've only worn contemporary in Neo fit. I'm thinking of going up a size and going slim for the regular fit. Any advice?

rdstour

Reaction score
Hey Gents, Quick favor to ask here: Did anyone buy the Tan Angelico Solaro High-Rise Contemporary Trousers (single-pleat, extended waistband) in the last 12 months? I believe they're SS19, but don't quote me on that.

I bought a pair at the end of last year, but put them away until recently (when I thought you getting them properly hemmed) and I noticed that the rise was unusually short (10.7" or so). I have the same fit model in the FW19 Flannel--but that measures 11.5" which seems in-line with what I was expecting from the tan pair.

Did I just get a bad pair, or did the High-Rise Single Pleat Contemporary Trouser change by .8" over a season (SS19-FW19)?

Thanks for the help!

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Maiden voyage for the S&M sondrio cotton/linen brown denim high rise. I love them!

khughes44

Reaction score
Has the zipper length on S&M trousers been an issue? I got 2 pairs of Fresco’s and the zippers look like they came from women’s low-rise jeans.
7848D9FC-5D04-44A6-B49C-A65FE4D5643B.jpeg

JayDee90

Reaction score
Great fit! How would you describe the colour?
Will let @Betelgeuse confirm but I also have these and found the brown to be heavily muted. In most lights (including in the above pic), reads more grey/charcoal with some brown undertones.Could prove to be quite useful as I have seen A play around with charcoal/darker trousers to good effect. In terms of fit I found these to be a bit larger all around (less than green seersucker however). I usually go up a size and take in the waist and always need more room in the hips/thighs so no complaints here. Just my observations.

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Great fit! How would you describe the colour?
Thanks!

Will let @Betelgeuse confirm but I also have these and found the brown to be heavily muted. In most lights (including in the above pic), reads more grey/charcoal with some brown undertones.Could prove to be quite useful as I have seen A play around with charcoal/darker trousers to good effect. In terms of fit I found these to be a bit larger all around (less than green seersucker however). I usually go up a size and take in the waist and always need more room in the hips/thighs so no complaints here. Just my observations.

This. The brown is very muted that it may look like dark gray and maybe charcoal but they look very nice.

Look great. Did you find the fit extra full? My 32 slims were extremely full. Had to have a lot taken out from hem to waist.
Thanks! Fuller than the regular 35 yes, which I really appreciate, I found more space at the thighs and especially the knees, trousers no longer got stucked with my socks at the calves. I do feel that also the 35 contemporary had a few extra space and I love it.

DId yours come delivered with a crease? Mine oddly came without a crease
Nope, my tailor helped me to crease them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads