• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

up1911fan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some good deals in the sale section right now. There may or may not be 8 sweaters and a pair of trousers heading my way.....

zewill

Reaction score
Has this been posted here before? I don't think anyone here needs to be convinced but still....

That's what brought me to Spier (and styleforum). Yesterday was gonna ask if another sale was coming especially as w
Spring is coming soon. Saw the email tonight... Now 1600$ lighter. Ouch. No regrets, probably will send a few things back (took a M and L in some turtlenecks to be sure). Love Spier! In like 2 months I have spent a shitload. At least it's quality, service is great, and pricing on sale is in my value oriented budget:)

nqtri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a real life photo of this Ethomas jacket from last S/S? With the current promo this one is a steal and I'm also drawn toward texture like this. I'm just hoping it being a light blue as it is in real life. Most of the time jackets turn out to be darker than photos.

1584178582351.png

afterthesuit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a real life photo of this Ethomas jacket from last S/S? With the current promo this one is a steal and I'm also drawn toward texture like this. I'm just hoping it being a light blue as it is in real life. Most of the time jackets turn out to be darker than photos.

View attachment 1354932
was looking at this one in store yesterday. I think this photo is pretty representative

sicigpat

Reaction score
Good morning
I’m attempting to use the SALE2 code but the website is saying the code is invalid. Is anyone else having a problem?thanks

Wilson13

Reaction score
Is this the same color with the blue wide stripe on the website?
Yep. The swatch picture in the custom shirt section makes the blue look a little more saturated. The OTR picture is more representative of the true color (makes sense). A little more of a dusty blue. I’m cool with it.

OuterHeaven

Reaction score
Yep. The swatch picture in the custom shirt section makes the blue look a little more saturated. The OTR picture is more representative of the true color (makes sense). A little more of a dusty blue. I’m cool with it.

Great! Almost slept on the shirt. Real life color looks a lot better than what shown on the website.

zewill

Reaction score

View attachment 1354932
This is indeed a Steal. A similar jacket would retail for 499 or 529$ minimum at suitsupply plus local taxes.

If my size was available I would've pulled the trigger long ago. It's been quite a while it was available but it was final sale when I was unfamiliar with Spier sizing so I passed. I did well as I remember the 38 being available but turns out after experimenting I am 38L
Very happy to see Spier experiment with textures and original materials! This is the last advantage suitsupply has against Spier. No need to explain what will happen when spier has an even better offering of textured sportscoats!

Wilson13

Reaction score
A few more for y’all. I received three orders/ten shirts all in one shipment (not because of S&M’s fault - one order I had requested to put on hold, and the two others were placed within a couple weeks of each other).

Coral stripe - I envision pairing it with solid navy Fresco suit, among other options
8DCA9749-F4C8-4D8D-BC08-8C592E00181D.jpeg

Navy check - slightly brushed, so it’s super soft but not too heavy. Won’t work in Texas summers, but great for rest of the year
B45B27F3-5A66-4AE4-9D7C-E01038D1B48D.jpeg

Premium White Solid Poplin - interested to see how it irons/shrinks. I requested multiple washings and dryings of the fabric before it was cut, so hopefully that happened and it works.
183AC11B-1181-4888-9147-A001AE6DFA49.jpeg

Indigo Vintage Chambray - I think @DFWWingnut had asked about it. Unfortunately, don’t see it as available anymore
16DAE32E-A2AD-4421-B184-A31374480FF5.jpeg

Also have Soktas blue check, purple gingham, red chambray, a duplicate white poplin, and White Fine Twill, in case anyone wants a picture. The White Fine Twill is nice and soft and lighter weight. As long as it irons relatively easily, I will highly recommend it.

Lastly, what I’m most excited about is receiving my MTM suit in navy hopsack. Will have the lapels below but with some fit improvements (more length, lower button stance, etc.). I made one of my kids take this picture, so it’s from a weird angle.
CC2FB9B4-AF77-45E6-9674-80484F069993.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads