• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

up1911fan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Which size chart? I found one for dress shirts, but Rick said these are casual /sport . Even if you go by the dress shirt size chart it shows the length for the shirt not sleeve length. @spiermackay

First you go here.

Screenshot_20200305-202127_Chrome.jpg

Then you go here.

Screenshot_20200305-202146_Chrome.jpg

Then look here.

Screenshot_20200305-202204_Chrome.jpg

And you'll see this.....

20200305_202232.jpg

Thilgela

Reaction score
How is it recommended to finish the hems on the cotton dress trousers? Regular hem? Cuff?

Just received stone and dark brown. The fabric is somewhat medium weight. I would go with a plain hem and wear them as dressier chinos (with sportcoats etc.).

Rugger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You mean the one that went up one or two weeks ago? Yeah, I grabbed that one as well. Can't have to many navy sport coats. Planning on grabbing the Guabello as well as Rick said it'd be a midnight navy, which should be different enough to justify a purchase ?

I also grabbed the first of the hopsacks. Great jacket, the most recent posting seems a bit more casual. I want all of them.

Sucks to have to attempt to be practical and logical in buying these things. Which of these is more useful, which is more versatile. Blah blah.

callmematthew

Reaction score
Not being a collar afficianado, is the difference between button down and Italian button down the later has a longer point length? If so, how does one choose? Does body type come into play or is it strictly preference?

Rugger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just FYI for everyone considering, the light brown fresco trousers are very grey'ish; so much so that I had to check the inner tag wondering if they had been hang tagged incorrectly. To my eye they aren't nearly as brown as the photos.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not being a collar afficianado, is the difference between button down and Italian button down the later has a longer point length? If so, how does one choose? Does body type come into play or is it strictly preference?
Preference IMO. If in doubt, go with standard.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just FYI for everyone considering, the light brown fresco trousers are very grey'ish; so much so that I had to check the inner tag wondering if they had been hang tagged incorrectly. To my eye they aren't nearly as brown as the photos.
can you post a photo?

kerouacbum

Reaction score
Does anyone here have experience with both the C7 (Classic full spread) and C21 (large Italian full spread) collars? I went with the C7 in white poplin and it seems like the collar points are just a bit short of staying under the lapels. I like the test shirt otherwise, especially adding 2” to the length, so once it was washed, it still has sufficient length.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 97 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads