• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gil_Pender

Reaction score
I must admit, I have been understanding with a week for orders and such to ship, but after buying from a few small and decent sized companies and them shipping next day, or within 2-3 business days, I just don’t think S&M should be having such long lead times for shipping. Not that I need the items next week/urgently, but I feel it should be faster than it is.

I placed a Boxing Day sale order a few days ago, let’s see how long until it ships.
Very much agree with this. I know people tend to apply Amazon level thinking to all online stores but I have yet to encounter any other online store--small to large in size--take as long as S&M does. It is rather perplexing that it seems to be an issue they don't want to, or are unable to, resolve. For this reason I am scared to purchase any of their high priced items as I fear the customer service/return process would be an undue stress. As someone who has worked in operations management for too may years I'd be really interested to see how they are setup.

Last edited:

whipcord

Reaction score
For this reason I am scared to purchase any of their high priced items as I fear the customer service/return process would be an undue stress.

I am in the same boat. I wanted to try out that Balmacaan but after reading some of these comments have completely changed my mind. If I knew my sizing for 100% certain then I may take a gamble. But knowing how difficult it is to find a proper fitting garment and how commonplace it is to have to do a return/exchange, I have less than zero interest in entering into some 6+ week process as some seem to be going through. This is made even more difficult by the fact they are in Canada and I am in the US. I just can't.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Love S/S tailoring, and curious to see what SM comes out with. Deeply hoping this is more outlier than norm.
Fingers crossed we get some heavier weight (I guess it’s mid-weight?) Fresco…preferably full canvass in their mohair blend.
B2C31C5F-AC77-4E84-ABE6-D8085BA30BC2.jpeg

MajorDash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Love S/S tailoring, and curious to see what SM comes out with. Deeply hoping this is more outlier than norm.
Fingers crossed we get some heavier weight (I guess it’s mid-weight?) Fresco…preferably full canvass in their mohair blend.
View attachment 1872486

I would love for them to release more stuff like this.

stifler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

blewnote1

Reaction score
View attachment 1872486

I mean, I think it's pretty cool honestly. Seersucker certainly doesn't need to be limited to the typical candy stripes and solid variety. I remember seeing some old Esquire plates where they were touting seersucking in glen check and thinking it'd be cool to see more variety out of the fabric today. Mohair blend would be cool as well. I would love to see someone resurrect the Palm Beach cloth too!

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1872486
Not sure about SS, but SM offerings FW23 are going to be excellent from what I know thus far.
Wow it looks like they've pared back their MTO sportcoat selection by like 80%.
You can still order any fabric you want from the mills they work with if you ask SM to add it to the selection (yes I know, CS is slow etc.)

JTrent82

Reaction score
You can still order any fabric you want from the mills they work with if you ask SM to add it to the selection (yes I know, CS is slow etc.)
Yes I assumed as much. I just wonder why they made the decision to pull them from the website in the first place.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes I assumed as much. I just wonder why they made the decision to pull them from the website in the first place.
They're rebuilding the MTO selection. The plan is to add more fabrics than before and pull some fabrics that are redundant due to similarities between mills. But as everything with SM, it might take some time. In the meantime, I've just been emailing them and asking them to add what I want to order recently. Worked fine.

JTrent82

Reaction score
They're rebuilding the MTO selection. The plan is to add more fabrics than before and pull some fabrics that are redundant due to similarities between mills. But as everything with SM, it might take some time. In the meantime, I've just been emailing them and asking them to add what I want to order recently. Worked fine.
I notice they've added better closeup photos for some of the old fabrics still available.

St1X

Reaction score
I'm thinking of grabbing this S&M peacoat in navy:

Anyone have it who can comment on the quality? It's either this or the Ralph Lauren Purple Label peacoat here:

Which should I get?
I have that SM coat. It's a bare minimum in terms of a quality - solid machine made item with a cupro lining. However I am not satisfied with the buttons - they are flimsy as there's no back bone to ensure button security. And with the cloth weight it feels like these buttons can be ripped off with a piece of cloth. This is a problem with all SM outerwear, though.
Also these buttons look gimmicky. I'd prefer horn buttons instead

c689

Reaction score
I like their Navy - Fair Isle Crewneck, will there be a chance for restock?
Or can you guys recommend a similar product from other brands?

classicoutfits

Reaction score
I notice they've added better closeup photos for some of the old fabrics still available.

I have wanted to use their mto program but I find their photos especially the close up are not a good representation of how the jacket will look (unless of course they have used that fabric already for one of their off the rack product and they have a picture of it). They really should have pictures of a large piece of fabric as well as close up.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dietsandmore