• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today
IMG_20211117_163659_edit_1786632812955504.jpg
IMG_20211117_163745_edit_1786672987654456.jpg
IMG_20211117_163806.jpg
IMG_20211117_163817_edit_1786699240467473.jpg
IMG_20211117_163823_edit_1786709719281013.jpg
IMG_20211117_163831_edit_1786723442267469.jpg

c.bisesar

Reaction score
I am unsure, I asked Rick and said I am typically a M glove with 8" circumference palm and he said stick with M. Kind of odd how they give length and width of what appears to be external measurements

Huh, kind of wish I had asked him first too, external measurements makes a lot of sense now that I look at the numbers again. Ordered an S and M, hopefully one fits.

TheLawBeard

Reaction score
Received my wax jacket yesterday. Briefly tried on this morning. Initial impression is good. It feels substantial and the fit seems good. Will spend more time with it in the next few days to come to a full opinion. So far the only complain (which is more of a preference thing) is the lack of even the option for a zip-off hood.

ULCajun

Reaction score
Received my wax jacket yesterday. Briefly tried on this morning. Initial impression is good. It feels substantial and the fit seems good. Will spend more time with it in the next few days to come to a full opinion. So far the only complain (which is more of a preference thing) is the lack of even the option for a zip-off hood.
Need an IRL pic stat

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

dapperclassic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh wow, this depth of colour and texture is really nice.

You sold me on picking up the trousers for the olive linen sports coat to complete a suit. This would make for a great winter counterpart to it.

It really is a superb fabric, darker than the Olive linen. I'd probably buy the brown one too had I not already got the brown moleskin SC from 2018, just need matching trousers for that one.

MellonC

Reaction score
I'm West Coast As Well, I Feel Your Pain, Reduced Staffing, Lockdowns, But Brooks Brothers Isn't Going Too Make Me Feel Better. Padded Shoulders And 3 Inch Lapels Is Not Going To Work For Me, I Can't See S$M And BB In The Same Closet, My Returns (Few) Take 1.5 weeks, Refund Within A Day Or Two Of Recieving Return Item. I Think It's More About Relationships, I Own A Lot Of S$M, I Shoot An Email, They Respond within 48 Hrs, Refund, 6 Weeks? You Need To Turn To (S$M) IG, Again (imho) I Feel Your Pain... :fonz:

I take back some of what I said earlier. This time a refund took less than two weeks.

Note to self: don't bother with exchanges. Just order the new one and get a refund for the old one.

tmckay2

Reaction score
Camn someone give me a quick breakdown of Spiers dress shirt fabrics? Looking to get some but I tend to run hot and prefer lighter, stretchy, more breathable fabrics for shirts. Not sure what of theirs would fit that bill best.

SoundBrewer

Reaction score
Camn someone give me a quick breakdown of Spiers dress shirt fabrics? Looking to get some but I tend to run hot and prefer lighter, stretchy, more breathable fabrics for shirts. Not sure what of theirs would fit that bill best.
Light Oxford and Royal Twill are both pretty light and flexible. I wouldn’t call them stretchy though. The linen-cotton shirts are awesome if you run hot, but they are some of the least flexible. The fabric on those doesn’t have much give to it.

Reaction score
I agree! The material is top notch, the only issue I have is the removable vest. A full zipper attaching the vest to the jacket would be perfect, rather than just the sides.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member